project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR:BF2 Support
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Support Help and support regarding PR:BF2 installation and in-game issues

Old 2024-08-08, 14:30   #1
tualr
Default the problem with the servers

Greetings to all, I have a problem with all PR servers, I am constantly banned for cheating for no reason, although I do not use them, I hope for your help. I am using the original Windows 10 from the Microsoft website

I'll add that before the game I had a problem with directx 9, I downloaded the file from here
Last edited by tualr; 2024-08-08 at 14:35..
Old 2024-08-08, 21:04   #2
[R-COM]bad_nade
Support Technician
Supporting Member

Default Re: the problem with the servers

Quote:
Originally Posted by tualr View Post
Greetings to all, I have a problem with all PR servers, I am constantly banned for cheating for no reason, although I do not use them, I hope for your help. I am using the original Windows 10 from the Microsoft website

I'll add that before the game I had a problem with directx 9, I downloaded the file from here
The d3dx9_43.dll file is official 32-bit version that is digitally signed by Microsoft and originally distributed as part of DirectX Runtime package. We tell people to download this particular file because they had 64-bit version of the file in place of 32-bit version, and it breaks the game. The issue turned out to be so common that we don't even bother to check the file anymore and just tell to download the correct version. It saves everybody's time and nerves.

In general, we don't process any bans here in the forums because Project Reality team does not operate any game servers. Exception to the rule are persons who want to appeal their ban from our Discord. All servers are independent and its server admin's right to ban players, but they must also deal with all ban appeals as stated by their server license.

What comes to cheating; it's really broad term that can mean anything from behavioral cheating to straight out illegitimate changes to the game client. Behavioral things might happen just because of not knowing or not following server rules. Server admins' tolerance toward such behavior varies greatly between servers, admins and even separate admin actions of same person.

Illegitimate changes to the game client, or server for that matter, hardly ever happen accidentally and anyone trying such things should know it's wrong and should be prepared to face the consequences.

If you feel that you have not been treated fairly, you should first attempt to prove your point to server admins with help of resources like tracker of the match, which we require to be public, video or screen capture, etc., etc. Usually servers have their own Discord channel or similar where they process appeals. Finally, if you have done everything else, there is this forum and it's Server Feedback section where you can discuss about the issue.
Last edited by bad_nade; 2024-08-08 at 21:35..