project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
20 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2007-02-23, 18:08   #11
Cyber-Couch

If the a-10 gets any louder I am going def.
Cyber-Couch is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-23, 18:43   #12
TrevorTingTong

The A10 sounds soo dirty. i love it.

If u have a sub & 2 speakers & sound not too high u can feel the explosions going off in the background, but for people with standard spakers i think it should be upped some more.
TrevorTingTong is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-23, 20:20   #13
DarkElf

i think the a10 is a tad to loud in the cock pit. i have to alt tab and turn up inbound on ventrilo just so i can hear my friends talking.
DarkElf is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-23, 20:24   #14
lunchbox311

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDoeGamer
I cant turn it up too much because the radio chatter gets too loud then (but thats another post - lower the radio chatter volume - I digress)
That can be turned down in the options I think, the VOIP chatter can anyway, just lower your recieve volume level.

If the stuff gets louder it can/will hurt peoples ears. Most people will just turn it down if that is the case, making it pointless.

You complain about the radio chatter while others complain about the A-10. Someone will always think one thing is too loud or too quiet.

I say leave it as is, let people get headphones and such, (the spatial recognition is worth it if anything else anyway,) and adjust the volume accordingly.
lunchbox311 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-24, 17:18   #15
TristanYockell
Supporting Member

Tanks are not loud enough, all around, come on guys there 60-70 tonne steel behemoths, they need to rumble, and scare the crap out of you.
The Cannons are not loud enough, we need the sound effects for fireing a sabot, you should be able to hear it ripping through the air.
When A HEAT round goes off it should be very loud and scare the crap out of you.
Distant gunshots, and explosions should be louder. Steel jackets striking Steel materials should be louder.
I'v shoot steel gongs with Steel jacket ammunition and it deffinatly makes some loud impacts.
The Coxial Mg's do not sound right for the Tanks, they need to be louder, more realistic as they are still vanilla, and you should be able to hear spent caseings pinging around.

A10's perfect as it is for powerplant noise, but I think that the GAU-8 needs to sound a little more beefy while fireing.
Last edited by TristanYockell; 2007-02-24 at 17:24..
Old 2007-02-24, 17:24   #16
Cyber-Couch

I agree, the tank engine needs a newer better sound. I remember the engine sound of the Tiger in FH whenever you started it up, man that made my day. VRUUMMMM VRUMMM!!
Old 2007-02-24, 17:45   #17
huleboeren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber-Couch
If the a-10 gets any louder I am going def.
Ditto, its crazy on al basrah
huleboeren is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-24, 18:10   #18
trogdor1289

As has been said before if we make the sound volume realistic then you will be deaf or at least hurting severely at the end of one round. I like to think of the current volume as if you were wearing earplugs
trogdor1289 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-24, 18:37   #19
Cyber-Couch

Lol, you would have to wear ear plugs while playing PR because it would be so loud.
Old 2007-02-24, 22:29   #20
Kitoro

form fitting earplugs that take out the low end and high range of sound. Leaving mid for clarifying voice. If not, then simulate hairs in inner ear standing on end and muffling sound for 10 minutes or for life. Irreversible hearing damage in .6 FTW!!
Kitoro is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
effects, louder, sound