project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
20 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2007-02-24, 21:38   #11
Smash-Crunch

I have sky dived before. It's very easy to orient yourself before your parachute opens. In a chair it is probably harder, but we aren't strapped to a chair when we exit a plane in this game.

The OP says you want us to be unable to open the parachute under a certain altitude. Based on this, I assumed you were talking about jumping 5 feet, and opening your parachute during that fall.

My angry response was towards you questioning my ability to comprehend written word.

Let other people decide if they want to respect me or not. I did consider the repercussions, thats why I censored my response. Do not tell me to keep my temper under control, I can do anything with my temper that I want. If a moderator doesn't like it, fine, but it isn't your place to threaten me with 'repercussions'.
Last edited by Smash-Crunch; 2007-02-24 at 21:43..
Old 2007-02-24, 22:01   #12
Hitperson
Retired PR Developer

to represent ejecting the most realistically the chute should open upon emediate exit from the aircraft and never for a chopper pilot as they have alreday been chopped to bits after being silly enough to eject from a chopper.

Harrod200:"Fire.exe has committed an illegal operation and has been shut down"
Raniak : "Warning: May crash if fired upon."
M4sherman: "like peter pan but with tanks"
[R-MOD]Eddiereyes909 (on sim tower) "It truly was the game of my childhood and has led to me getting my degree in industrial engineering."
Hitperson is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-24, 22:55   #13
Smash-Crunch

Doesn't the chute open automatically if an altimeter attached to the pilot reads below a certain point, but above that point, they have to pull the chute themselves?

I mean, at a certain altitude, the parachute would need to open or the pilot would hit the ground too fast. But, if when ejecting from the plane, the pilot is put into a rapid spin, it would make more sense for them to decide when the safest time to open the chute is, like when they stop spinning at such a rapid rate. If they don't open the chute before a certain altitude, it opens automatically no matter the position they are in.
Smash-Crunch is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-24, 23:03   #14
Hitperson
Retired PR Developer

nope chutes automatically open after a couple of seconds not from a barrometer.

Harrod200:"Fire.exe has committed an illegal operation and has been shut down"
Raniak : "Warning: May crash if fired upon."
M4sherman: "like peter pan but with tanks"
[R-MOD]Eddiereyes909 (on sim tower) "It truly was the game of my childhood and has led to me getting my degree in industrial engineering."
Hitperson is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
parachutes