project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR Tech Archives
22 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR Tech Archives Archived threads - locked for searching

Old 2007-03-28, 22:13   #1
crosscountry
Default How to start PR

O.K. so I have BF2 (installed to the default file) with the updated patch installed, I downloaded and installed (to the default file) the newest Project Reality, and then I restarted my computer. I don't know where to click the program icon to start the game with PR. I have the battlefield 2 icon still, but no way to start PR. Does anyone know what the deal is? Thanks!
Old 2007-03-28, 22:18   #2
Wasteland

You can start BF2, go to the community tab, and hit "custom games" --> PR.

Roundabout way, but it works.
Old 2007-03-28, 23:20   #3
crosscountry

Wow, cool mod, just awesome. I just wish it didn't crash all the time, but that is probably something I am doing wrong. Also, I downloaded from the .5 version link on this site, but the custom game listing says it is .4, another thing is how can I get the game to stop crashing? The help is appreciated!
Old 2007-03-28, 23:21   #4
crosscountry

P.S. Is there another way to get into PR besides going through BF2 and custom games, it take a long time... Thanks!
Old 2007-03-29, 01:18   #5
Wolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosscountry
Also, I downloaded from the .5 version link on this site, but the custom game listing says it is .4, another thing is how can I get the game to stop crashing?
Is the game crashing while you play, or is it not allowing you to play at all? If it's the latter, try the following:
  1. Start with a fresh install of BF2.
  2. Install the BF2 1.41 patch found HERE.
  3. Install the PR client version 0.5 found HERE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosscountry
P.S. Is there another way to get into PR besides going through BF2 and custom games, it take a long time... Thanks!
If installed correctly, Project Reality should automatically place a shortcut icon on your desktop, assuming you accepted that feature. If not, you can manually create a shortcut by placing the following in the "target" section of the shortcut properties (example here):

D:\Battlefield2\BF2.exe +modPath mods/pr +menu 1 +fullscreen 1

Note that my game is installed in "D:\Battlefield2\BF2". Your location may be different but the rest will be the same. Hope this helps.
Old 2007-03-29, 02:25   #6
Wasteland

That 0.4/0.5 is just a bug. If you're playing on populated servers, you've got 0.5.

I don't know about your crashing. You are playing multiplayer, right?
Old 2007-04-01, 00:59   #7
^250p6p^

Do i have to create a new account for PR, cause i wanna have the same account name for BF2 and for PR?

Tags
start