project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
30 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2004-08-11, 02:44   #11
JS.Fortnight.A
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

If they are coded to. Of course as EA/Dice have already tested, they can't make an entirely destroyable map, because in a matter of minutes (of blowing up walls/buildings), there is no point in tactical positions within an urban enviornment. But yes a several things will be 'destroyable' by Sabots and other heavy duty rounds.

Project Reality Operations Lead v0.2-0.3
JS.Fortnight.A is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-11, 15:59   #12
Ugly Duck

SABOTS, I would asume, should go through just about anything...
But not much more, just pass through and be on there way. HE rounds on the other hand, should blow anything up that is destroyable(with the exception of things such large bridges.
I agree that not all buildings should be able to be demolished(IRL you would never do this because of civilians) hut some walls of buildings or maybe doors and such should be able to be blown down.
Ugly Duck is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-16, 11:07   #13
ArchEnemy
Retired PR Developer

i really want to know how mod map makers are going to make maps for bf2, it has to be awfull because for each object they ad in the map they have to determinate the object material, at least i think.

Retired PR Lead Coder
ArchEnemy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-16, 11:11   #14
DrZero
Retired PR Developer

i think it will end up being that there will be template materials and template structures that map builders will work with, they will have set densitys and the such, but thats only a guess
DrZero is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-16, 18:51   #15
Dr.Spangle

DrZero is correct with this. Just like almost every single 3d game, static objects will be composed of what are called "prefabs" which are prefabricated structures which come complete with models (mesh), material information, and other data and properties, such as animations, if any, and friction etc.
Dr.Spangle is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
bullet, penatration