project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
30 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2004-08-28, 00:53   #1
Tomcat
Default a few suggestions...

"RequieM: Project Reality is a modification catering to those players that expect a certain degree of realism when they play war games. So, our primary goal is not to visually enhance the game, but to change the gameplay in a way that requires a lot more tactical thought & teamwork."
One of the things that attracted me to this mod..is that is in completely in line with what i like, how i enjoy playing a modern warfare military online game.
Also, although it's a different game, I'm running a reality server in JO with no tags, no death msgs 30secs respawn and all that good stuff...
Following these two things a few suggestions/ideas....

1. Weapons accuracy.
I never had the chance to fire a real gun, but from what i can gather..it is very difficult to shoot someone with accuracy in 150-200m. Is that true? What do you guys thinking about weapons accuracy, balistics and recoil?

2. Players' tags. It's very realistic but the only problem I can see is that if for example the whole team or fireteam has the same uniform (in order to avoid murders) then it's difficult to say who is who i.e. if someone needs med. I believe that in BF2 you will be able to put a customised logo/patch (?) in the back or the arm of the soldiers. If that's the case then with different sympols you can recognise the different players. I suspect that in real life u dont have to worry about that since the face characteristics and body buidling would be pretty dinstictive. Other way around it would be to show tags when u point ur crosshair at the person at a short distance i.e. 5-10m.

3. Psychology. In a very tactical and realistic game running and gunning has no place. What I have noticed though is that no matter how much ur using tactics and u working on a fireteam u will never stop people that running and gunning, especially in a large map with open areas. How many soldiers would do that in real life without cover or how many soldiers would pop their head round the corner under fire to fire back...? I think this is a bit far fetched and difficult to be done but would be interesting to have some sort of fear in the character i.e. when an rpg lands close to u or a grenade and u feel the taste of the mud no way u can just sit there calmly and shoot the other person...you will cover ur head or u will duck down...now that would really stop the run and gun...but I imagine it's very difficult to be implemented + difficult to determine how and where u draw the line. I would be intersted to how it's been applied in the gameplay of Full Spectrum Warrior and Close Combat when them two games come out.

4. Last but not least physics...I have expressed my views about that in other post...and I think it's probably the key to success for a tactical game, preventing the gunning and running....

Thanks for ur patience to read my post...lol
Tomcat is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-28, 03:12   #2
Dr.Spangle

You've got some great ideas there. Those are definitely things we're looking into.
Dr.Spangle is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
suggestions