project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
23 Aug 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2007-07-23, 13:52   #161
El_Vikingo

What crosshairs? you hacking?
El_Vikingo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 13:52   #162
Greenie Beanie

yeh your cool
Greenie Beanie is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 14:18   #163
indigo|blade

If I'm using a sniper rifle I damn sure see crosshairs; regardless..

That's not funny Vikingo. You know what I meant.
indigo|blade is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 14:23   #164
El_Vikingo

Reticule?
El_Vikingo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 14:29   #165
Rico11b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruder
What is this 300 instaprone headshot bullshit,it happens like %1 of all the time,
yes rifles are laseraccurate but i have never seen players like that.

Btw you all complain about 1 vs.1 engagements,try playing in a VOIP squad and tell your teammates the direction of that enemy and count to three,if he is not a marksman or sniper he is either or pinned down or bleeding to death,if you see a full squad coming that direction that means a realistic firefight is about to start and 6 vs. 6 firefights are not that short,assuming there is not any snipers around.
You haven't been playing much then if you have only seen like 1% instaproning. It is always worse right after a PR release, cause some of the BF2 players roll over to check it out. So there always seems to be a spike in stuff like that right after a PR update. Also with the uber accurate assault rifles, who needs a sniper kit.
Rico11b is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-25, 13:59   #166
TheTank

I have only played a little PR but a lot of the BF franchise and this is one of the things that really annoys me.

Yes, the weapons might be modelled to RL when used in a controlled and stress-free environment. Though I can only presume this is not the case in a war.

And yes, this cannot be done realistically, but any step in such a direction is better then none.
The worst thing would be to give in to the mindset that 'if we cannot make it true to life we should not make it at all'.

One thing that FH2 implemented was to effect the player when they were under fire. It caused the same effect as when an explosion happens near you and due to the blurred vision would make aiming harder. Though the effect was not as heavy and would build up / settle down. But it really stressed the people getting fired at. (videos demonstrating this on youtube)

Might help a little.
TheTank is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-25, 17:43   #167
VipersGhost

I watched some FH2 in-game action videos. A guy was being surpressed by a vehicle and the only effect was the defeaning of his ears basically...not much different from PR. I would for sure like to see more of that....OH and btw, FH2 had AWESOME gamey-gameplay lol. Sidestep shooting in all its glory!
VipersGhost is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-25, 18:02   #168
TheTank

Yeah, FH2 was not heading in the direction I hoped it would, and that is one reason I pretty much dropped it.

PR seems to be heading in the right direction, even if the first few versions did not show it.
TheTank is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
accuracy, lower