project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front > PR In-Game Tactics and Strategies > Infantry Tactics
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2007-07-22, 09:03   #11
Alex6714

I remember playing helmand as a civilian. Great fun leading the brits into traps, and I got shot over 10 times, mostly by the same person with a SAW I think. He would just look at me, then shoot, even when one brit was already trying to knife me and I was typing in the chat about how they were killing civilians.

Getting on the roof is a good tactic too, I once spotted around 9 enemy infantry in one spot heading for our flag.
Alex6714 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-22, 11:32   #12
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

We were playing Helmand yesterday and the dumb GB builds a bunker next to Whiskey and a commander truck and while civilians distract the GB, some Insurgents go inside the bunker and spawn rape anyone who spawns there, then someone from GB says on global chat "OMG kick them for spawn raping"
and we told them "well, think about where you put your bunkers", that shut them up
We blew it up later anyways

Seriously, I wonder why negative score kick didnt start, some people had scores waaaay under 0 for shooting civilians

Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-22, 17:53   #13
beef_beef

on desert storm the USMC had around 15 tickets and the insurgents over 800 when i joined a serever recently.
beef_beef is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-22, 19:03   #14
Expendable Grunt

It's hard for US on that map; the civi's can just stand behind that gate when it blows. The sand storm does not help either.
Expendable Grunt is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 11:41   #15
TY2D2

I guess a good tactic for a bad tactic (taking on GB in the open) would be have one guy in your squad be civilian. And when you run into GB at close/med range he can just run out in the open and throw rocks at em, then when they are distracted, you kill them.

Thats one thing that always gets me, I try to kill insurgents and a civilian always ends up getting me distracted because I don't want to kill him... I end up running away from a guy throwing rocks at me. Haha.

*mumbles* I hate civilians >:/
TY2D2 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 19:45   #16
OiSkout

Ok, I updated it a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TY2D2
I guess a good tactic for a bad tactic (taking on GB in the open) would be have one guy in your squad be civilian. And when you run into GB at close/med range he can just run out in the open and throw rocks at em, then when they are distracted, you kill them.

Thats one thing that always gets me, I try to kill insurgents and a civilian always ends up getting me distracted because I don't want to kill him... I end up running away from a guy throwing rocks at me. Haha.

*mumbles* I hate civilians >:/
Haha, now imagine you're runnin after a civilian to knife him in Hemland and you both run over one of the dunes/ridges. And there in your face is a bunch of AKs.
OiSkout is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-27, 15:26   #17
Dark_Wolf

Ideally civilian should be high up where it's tough or near impossible for them to be knifed. Though of course having them on the front line is just as useful. I think a wall of civilians in front of infantry should do the trick

I would have though there would a limit on the number of civilians though similar to limited kits.
Dark_Wolf is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
insurgent, oiskout, tactics