project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front > PR In-Game Tactics and Strategies > Infantry Tactics
28 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2007-09-04, 10:49   #21
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

If civilians would actually stay on rooftops or inaccessible buildings, there would be far less trouble with lone idiots thinking, they are invicible and getting knifed all the time
Only time, they should be on ground, is when they are bait for an ambush

Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-04, 11:17   #22
tehnubbucket

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:iGi:. Greg View Post
Yeah, I love doing that to. It is a very seldom used tactic but is great fun though.

Also great fun if the other side aren't on the ball. On Basrah once I saw a civvy, he ran to me a bit then ran back over a hill, expecting me to chase him and be gunned down by his waiting squad mates so instead I sneaked round slightly and appeared in a different spot and gunned them all down. Then knifed the civvy for his troubles. Good times!
Hahaha, this reminds me of the classic Star Wars scene. But with Insurgents; a civillian draws a British around a corner of a building, and the whole Insurgent army awaits the British.
tehnubbucket is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-04, 16:04   #23
NiGHTWoLF

To be honest I hate it when civi's go anywhere near the enemy, you could be shooting ay enemy from a distance or even up close and a civi in the middle who neither want to shoot can put your own team at the disadvantage. Many times I'v played Helmand and the number of civis running ahead and just getting in the way is phenominal.

You're most probably a noob
NiGHTWoLF is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-04, 22:27   #24
ReaperMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlawz View Post
If civilians would actually stay on rooftops or inaccessible buildings, there would be far less trouble with lone idiots thinking, they are invicible and getting knifed all the time
Only time, they should be on ground, is when they are bait for an ambush
QFT, seriously. I can't count how many times Ive seen people using civilian kits like they were god himself with rocks of d00m!
ReaperMAC is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-09, 16:50   #25
SuperTimo

what i really hate is people who dont realise the civilian kit is the insurgent medic, it really pisses me off when civies just blindly stand next whilst u say you need a medic.

If a civi is driving a car and the enemy destroys it do they get penalised?
SuperTimo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-09, 22:05   #26
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiGHTWoLF View Post
To be honest I hate it when civi's go anywhere near the enemy, you could be shooting ay enemy from a distance or even up close and a civi in the middle who neither want to shoot can put your own team at the disadvantage. Many times I'v played Helmand and the number of civis running ahead and just getting in the way is phenominal.

Yeah, that too. Only act as a shield, if someone asks you to.
Lot of players get pissed, when the civilians jump in front of them, so they cant shoot.

If you shot a civi in the car, you don't get penalized, and he doesn't either, so even, I think...

Same is supposed to go for shooting them on grappling hooks, but I still got penalized, when doing that :/

Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-10, 10:34   #27
LtSoucy
Supporting Member

Last night i was playing and i was sniping and a civi gave a ghuys postion away with his green shirt and standing on a wall looking down on him. And i love this thread great talking area!

Reality Gaming - Making Games Reality
http://realitygamer.org/

LtSoucy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-10, 13:29   #28
[ABA]Littledragon
[ABA] Squad Leader

So civvies a great asset when used properly?

Trouble is the maps full of civvies who don't

Learnt a lot here thanks......................
[ABA]Littledragon is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
behavior, civilian