Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR Tech Archives
22 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR Tech Archives Archived threads - locked for searching

Old 2007-08-27, 21:18   #21
JohnnyPissoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunehunter View Post
I've got exactly the same problem, but it's ok. My parents don't know **** about pcs, so I'm using it as an excuse to get a new one
Clever boy, I see a bright future for you in the scam or confidence game or hey, maybe even government work. Congressman Dunehunter?
Old 2007-08-29, 16:47   #22
nicoX
Supporting Member

I have this glitches to in PR. Exact the same and at same location. I run with ATI Radeon X800 series.

Old 2007-08-29, 19:32   #23
Madbuster

I had the same exactly the same glitches as you and finally fixed it (thank GOD) with a new motherboard. Turns out it was a faulty RAM socket.

I thought for sure it was my video card and almost cried when I installed my new 8800gts 640mb and saw the same problems right away. I did a memtest on my RAM and it checked out. Last thing I did was change the memory slots around and test them. Bingo! Ever time I put good RAM into one of the slots my problems resurfaced. The game would also black out off and on.

It also solved my problem with Civ4 crashing all the time.
Old 2007-09-15, 22:55   #24
EagleEyeLG

Well I got a new fan for my card... yet it lowered the temp by only about 3 degrees Celsius and I'm still getting artifacting and restarts. It's not as bad as before, but it's still doing it.
Old 2007-09-16, 15:28   #25
-=TB=-ante9383

I assure you it's a problem with your graphics card.

I had an nVidia 7900GT with 256MB until March 2007. Guess why I replaced it?

I had the very same issues as you're having!

We're both outta luck, the graphics card is flawed. Time to either a) use the guarantee or b) cough up for a new one. I replaced it with an 8800GTS with 320MB.
That card has its own issues, but at least this kind of crap is gone forever (I hope).

Good luck!
Old 2007-09-16, 23:33   #26
EagleEyeLG

How do I know if I have a guarantee?
Old 2007-09-16, 23:39   #27
Dunehunter
Retired Moderator
Supporting Member

Hm, I have a 7900GT too. Though my new computer should be ready to go soon, I'll be glad to be rid of this thing
Old 2007-09-17, 12:02   #28
ZZEZ
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleEyeLG View Post
How do I know if I have a guarantee?
Check your papers that came with the card, it will be stated there how much warranty you have, the majority of shops give 3 years.

I'd recommend replacing it with X1950PRO, they cost the same and the X1950PRO performs on the same level as the 7900GT, if you have little extra cash..get a 8800GTS
Old 2007-09-18, 03:45   #29
EagleEyeLG

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZEZ View Post
Check your papers that came with the card, it will be stated there how much warranty you have, the majority of shops give 3 years.

I'd recommend replacing it with X1950PRO, they cost the same and the X1950PRO performs on the same level as the 7900GT, if you have little extra cash..get a 8800GTS
Dammit, if I had any papers they would all be at home in Maryland and I am in Colorado and my mom would have no idea where to look for them.

I am going to avoid nVidia products for a while me thinks... seems as though a large portion of people with the 7900GT are having the same issue as me and it's a pain in the ass.

Tags
glitches, graphics