project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
23 Aug 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-27, 08:14   #1
Silvarius2000

Question Reducing Accuracy

I know there are a few threads that sorts of cover the mentioned subject but I think it would be good if we all contributed to put together what we want in the future in a methodical way.

To start. I'd recommend that you'd go ahead and try ARMA patched up and playing with the NWD mods. In short it makes ARMA's ballistics as real as possible. The few things that you'd notice straight away is the fact that the bullet arcs upwards under your zeroed range (Yes I know thats discussed before). And as you aim further the bullet obviously drops below the reticule.

Compare a single engagement between the two engines. 500 yards between two groups of men under light cover.

In PR without an RP and assuming no maneuvering has been done... it would take a very short time for total elimination of either side with scoped assault rifles.

In ARMA (no.. no sniper leet bots. Just other players) It actually takes a mean amount of concentration and shooting before you hit a target (unless he's standing up being a tard)

What I'm suggesting is for the accuracies of all scoped rifles to be less reliable and much more randomized to account for 'other' factors namely the upward arc of the bullets, wind and sway. So we'd see less Jack in the Box type engagements. What do you think?
Old 2007-09-27, 09:49   #2
Winterfrost

I think accuracy for infantry weapons is turned up too high in PR too, I keep being able to get 1 hit head shots what I would like to see is the accuracy go down when you are moving then slowly return to normal but this should be a small change in accuracy
Old 2007-09-27, 10:44   #3
Berry[13thmeu]

Im gona agree with you on this, it would offer a good balance up if it took longer for the cone to narrow I also think bullet drop needs to be drastically increased in this game as it is woefully unrealistic.
Old 2007-09-27, 11:09   #4
mammikoura

I agree with you guys. The weapons are a bit too accurate. Though the good thing about that is that more often running on an open area with no cover gets you killed.
But I still think that lower accuracy is something worth trying.
Old 2007-09-27, 11:28   #5
nicoX
Supporting Member

I like the weapon to push back on you and to sway with as your arms sway by the force, this will dilute the shooter so he cant take his magazine out in 5 seconds. Also it should be more accurate to shoot if you prone or crouch, and breathing for snipers so it would be like impossible to shoot standing.
>>> Shooting -Andvanced

Old 2007-09-27, 11:40   #6
Winterfrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berry[13thmeu] View Post
Im gona agree with you on this, it would offer a good balance up if it took longer for the cone to narrow I also think bullet drop needs to be drastically increased in this game as it is woefully unrealistic.
I've heard the game can't support bullet drop
Old 2007-09-27, 11:56   #7
Dunehunter
Retired Moderator
Supporting Member

I'm sorry, but all your suggestion have already been suggested. Please try to use the search button in the upper right corner, or check the already suggested suggestions thread.

Locking for repost.
Closed Thread

Tags
accuracy, reducing