project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front > PR In-Game Tactics and Strategies > Infantry Tactics
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2007-09-27, 21:45   #1
Sgt_Canadian_Floss
Default Guide to assaulting tanks and their reactions

Anti-Yank is one of the most important Kit in PR, having played it a few times, I've come up with some kind of "manual", it maybe not the best but it could still help:

Teamwork:

-The anti-tank has only one or two rounds, so a squad member should always follow him giving him amo after each shot
-You should always communicate to get some support from his squad and not assaulting a tank alone

Approaching the tank the tank:

-Always go slowly, try to stay out of sight until the last moment
-If you have to cross a road were the tank might pass, lay mines on it(its your revenge if he kills you)
-Make sure that your squad is advancing in a way that it dosent get blast away in one shot
-Try to flank him or get behind him (armor is not as thick and it has a bigger blind spot)

Assaulting the tank, and retreating:

-A this point, only the anti-tank should be the one firing and poping his head out.
-Try to aim the back/turret/track of the tank
-The other squadmembers should be ready to pop smoke in front/back/sides of the tanks to blind him
-After all that, everybody relocates fast, because:
-The tank is going to patrol the area just to check (if your lucky, he"ll land on your mines)
-Shoot everywere liked a demented animal
-Or just dont care (kinda rare but it happens)

-Resupply the smoke grenades and the anti tank and get ready to restart

Different scenarios :

-If the tank is immobilized:
-Some engeneers are probably going to try and repair it (kill em)
-Maybe the crewmans (the driver usually) are going to come out (if they cant see a thing)
-If he is on a good "sniping" spot only the driver is going to come out/man the machine gun on top
-He<s probably going to shoot like a demented animal if you shoot at him
-repeat all the steps, but knowing that the tank wont move and that his blind spots are bigger now

-If the turret is immoblilized:
-He<s probably going to rush to main base
-But you can try to smoke him, put C4 or mines and make him EXPLODE

If both happens (kinda rare) :
-Well, your lucky
-The crewmans are probably try to man the MG and protect the tank
-Just send your rifleman in and shoot the bastards
-Just dont get in front of the turret

Things to remember :

-Always destroy ennemie tanks if you can, even empty, makes everybodys job easier and it pisses of the ennemie
-Never have a whole suad get up close and personnal with the tank, only the AT, a medic and engeneer, the rest covering them
-If you blow up tanks, people will like you

That was my guid to Assaulting tanks and their reactions
If you have any comments, please do so, its my first thread

See ya all on the battlefield
Sgt_Canadian_Floss is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-27, 21:47   #2
Sgt_Canadian_Floss

Sorry for the english errors, not my prime language
Sgt_Canadian_Floss is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-27, 21:51   #3
Bob_Marley
Retired PR Developer

Welcome to the forums!

I've moved this thread to the tactics & strategy: Infantry Tactics section as it is more appropriate for a thread like this. In the future please ensure that you put your threads where they should be.

No problem with your English, perfectly readable to me (even if there are a couple of spelling errors )

The key to modernising any weapon is covering them in glue and tossing them in a barrel of M1913 rails until they look "Modern" enough.

Many thanks to [R-DEV]Adriaan for the sig!
Bob_Marley is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-27, 22:10   #4
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Always destroy ennemie tanks if you can, even empty
No.
If the dumb crewman left his tank immobilized there, you should certainly NOT do them a favor of destroying it and making it respawn back at enemy's base.
That goes for maps like Daquing Oilfields.

On Kashan it's a waste of resources, since tanks respawn in waves, so you can have tons of abandoned tanks and vehicles and still get new ones every 20 minutes.

Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-28, 09:15   #5
Engineer

Gotta agree with Outlawz.
However, if the tank is in very close vicinity of enemy flag, destroying it is a good idea, because enemy can request a crewman kit easily.

Best way to handle deserted tank is by putting a mine under it.
Engineer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-09, 09:52   #6
Nibbit

Nice guide

I found a nice guide for ideal AT/Manpad shots as well (even tho its based on ArmA tactics)
dslyecxi.com - enjoy your stay and scroll down a bit

Having a tank with a full crew thats communicating with eachother against you, is not a good thing and when one of these tin cans show up you have a serious problem(thats what i like about this mod), so this guide is a must-read for all the new guys to PR :P
Nibbit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-09, 18:32   #7
Tannhauser

I think destroying vehicles, even abandoned, rises your score.
Tannhauser is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-09, 18:51   #8
CodeC.Seven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannhauser View Post
I think destroying vehicles, even abandoned, rises your score.
typical BF2V thinking... PR gamers give a sht to points because they are useless... There is nothing you can get with them... PR is about Tactic and teamwork!
CodeC.Seven is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-10, 03:02   #9
BloodBane611
Supporting Member

As Engineer said, the most effective thing to do to an enemy tank is to mine it. If they get a crewman out there its extremely unlikely that they will have an engineer come inspect underneath it before the driver hops in, and once hes in its points for you and no tank to deal with. It is much more effective to keep the enemy from using assets than just getting the points. Winning =/= more points, Winning =/= more tickets/all flags.

[R-CON]creepin - "because on the internet 0=1"

BloodBane611 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
assaulting, guide, reactions, tanks