project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR Tech Archives
21 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR Tech Archives Archived threads - locked for searching

Old 2008-01-12, 18:18   #1
leaders_of_men
Default Some helpful advice for people with mic problems, perhaps.

I have had massive problems with my mic and I have just seemingly solved them so I thought I would share my experiences and hopefully be helpful to someone.

I had a twin plug mic headset that I never managed to get working so if you have one of those what I am going to say will probably not apply.

I have a USB mic and headset. I tried getting it to work earlier on today to no avail. So basically all I did was uninstall and reinstall everything BF2v, PR, the lot. After I had reinstalled BF2v the VOIP configuration thing popped up but would not detect my mic (the USB one) so I closed it down reinstalled PR and restarted my PC. I ran the voipsetup.exe found in the BF2 file and it had decided to detect my mic. I think BF2 must have detected the hardware only after I reinstalled it and that is why it now works. Simple.

I have my default sound recording and playback set to the headset, this is found in control panel/sounds and audio devices.

I also tried muvixer with my twin plug headset but it did not work for me, however other people have used it and it has solved their problems.

Most if not all of this has been said and it may or may not help but hopefully it will. To sum up first things first reinstall BF2v, patch it then install PR. It worked for me! If that doesn't work there are some very nice guys here that can help you I am sure.

Much love
Last edited by leaders_of_men; 2008-01-12 at 18:20.. Reason: Needed to add sentence

Tags
advice, helpful, mic, people, problems