project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front > PR In-Game Tactics and Strategies > Infantry Tactics
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2007-09-25, 10:35   #21
hx.bjoffe
PR:BF2 QA Tester
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondin View Post
Funniest way to fight a tank is to use H-AT on pub servers. Just aim at the enemy armor with the zoom to activate its lock alarm. [...] Without firing a single round, you should be able to neutralize its firepower
Yup, nice tactic indeed. But just a question, the tank will still get lock-alarm even if the HAT is dry? Or?
hx.bjoffe is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-30, 11:32   #22
Blondin

I'm not sure but I think so.

I spent 10 minutes to aim at an armor on Qwai river without any ammo on my H-AT. The tank driver seemed to feel really unnconfortable. Once he located me he shot 4 Heat round on my body, proof that I was disturbing him.
The funny thing is that a chineese infantry had already killed me and was trying to take my kit when the armor located my position and fire all these Heat rounds
Blondin is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-30, 23:29   #23
Artnez[US]
Supporting Member

Tankers get spooked easily. Usually a single Light AT round that does little damage will scare them away for a while.
Artnez[US] is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-31, 00:15   #24
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

Solo tankers are easily dealt with, now that crewman wrench has been removed and they can't hear, what's going on around them

I was helping out a BTR90 on Ejod, when an Abrams rolled up, I went around hiding on the hill, he went inside a small valley, from where you can camp West City, I went underneath, planted AT mine and C4, ran away, and blew him up.
Quickest tank kill, I ever made.

Also, on Oman, I used the TOW Humvee, when I spotted the T90 turret, the Cobra scared off the tank and damaged him a bit, when I rolled up and fired a TOW at him.
And so a tank scrap became.

Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 16:52   #25
LordSquiffy
Supporting Member

My best tactic is to run away very quickly in the opposite direction.

Without a rider a horse is a charger of the Gods. But a man without a horse will only ever be a man.
LordSquiffy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 18:52   #26
CodeC.Seven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artnez[US] View Post
Tankers get spooked easily. Usually a single Light AT round that does little damage will scare them away for a while.
im not scared when you fire with a LightAT at me... When i drive the tank i always check arround... And when i see you shooting the LightAT i would hunt you even when it takes 10 minutes xD
CodeC.Seven is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-16, 01:44   #27
Poi_Medic

The flash bang also work as a great distraction for the gunner and driver. Ive been hit with the damn thing so many times when ever i roll abouts in the city.
Poi_Medic is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
defeat, infantry, sun, tank, tzu