project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front > PR In-Game Tactics and Strategies > Infantry Tactics
28 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2007-10-08, 10:42   #11
KingKong.CCCP

well, in reality... with ordinary rifle you can shoot ppl up to 400m... with MG up to 800m... but that horrible 0.32 MG... I almost quit playing PR because of that bs.

I would add, when you're facing 10 enemies... MG is the only thing that will keep 8 of them under cover. BUT those 2 riflemen will kill you.
So I would say - get one rifleman as your fireteam buddy with you, if you can... to shoot those who pop their heads to shoot you.
And yes, in a good LOCATION, you can kill sooo many enemies... Location is very important.

ONE MORE THING TO CONSIDER
Support gun is the only weapon that you can not run away from (zig-zag). Jumping, strafing, dolphin-diving... doesn't matter. Support gun will get you.
KingKong.CCCP is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-15, 04:14   #12
Doom721

So true king-kong, I had some great moments as an infantry squad in kashan with the support gun ( sidenote: Hope the british get their mini-me or w/e it is called soon ;P )

That gun held off a squad coming out of a bunker, was insane... though I did die, I provided HUGE cover due to suppressive/shoot to kill fire.

Thanks to .6 I have a new respect for the support gun in heavy infantry situations.
Doom721 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-15, 09:06   #13
KarateDoug
Banned

When I played BF2 i was good on point. On PR im not as good. But as support I rip teams apart.
I love it. I murdered a whole squad tonight. 1 after 1, all within 1-2 minutes
Great guide. I'm glad I figured this stuff out.

Location is key forsure.
KarateDoug is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-15, 18:06   #14
Dan UK

squad supports great but it could do with zoom, i hope they put a susat on the fn minimi
Dan UK is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-22, 18:55   #15
arjan

THanks for the guide.. i was in helmand and their was an squad walking in the fog near their outpost.. i saw them, i getted cover in xray houses and shot the whole 6 man squad down in 1 burst..
arjan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-22, 00:46   #16
Fatal-M

Good Job Man !

realy i learned alot !!
Fatal-M is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
guide, squad, support