project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Feedback Archives > PR v0.7 Feedback Forum
16 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2008-01-29, 15:32   #121
Pluizert

I'm glad cooking isnt possible in the BF2-engine :P
Old 2008-01-29, 20:18   #122
Masaq
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

I think you just got yourself sigged

I know you meant cooking off... but that's too good to miss

Anyways, has this thread not a sorry death yet? Blimey. Just shoot anyone who puts their gun away during the battle, it works fine for me

Or, switch servers and play someplace where few people grenade constantly.

"That's how it starts, Mas, with that warm happy feeling inside. Pretty soon you're rocking in the corner, a full grown dog addict, wondering where your next St Bernand is coming from..." - IAJTHOMAS
"Did they say what he's angry about?" asked Annette Mitchell, 77, of the district, stranded after seeing a double feature of "Piranha 3D" and "The Last Exorcism." - Washington Post
Old 2008-01-30, 11:14   #123
Pluizert

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-MOD]Masaq View Post
I think you just got yourself sigged

I know you meant cooking off... but that's too good to miss
Got myself sigged? Dont know what that means as English is not my language. But by cooking i meant that you can hold the nade for 2 secs and throw it away and it explodes instantly. If you hold onto it to long its called suicicde!
Old 2008-01-31, 00:44   #124
Gyberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBane611 View Post
The ridiculous throw range is mostly to blame. Deviation, as I've already stated, makes no sense and is just a pain for the players. I totally agree about the fuses though outlaw, realistic fuse times!
So you are telling me that every soldier is a top major league pitcher who ALWAYS hit where he wants to hit. Ask yourself, would you (in full battlegear and with battlestress) from 20m hit a window 10/10 times? I think not.
Old 2008-01-31, 04:10   #125
BloodBane611
Supporting Member

Quote:
So you are telling me that every soldier is a top major league pitcher who ALWAYS hit where he wants to hit. Ask yourself, would you (in full battlegear and with battlestress) from 20m hit a window 10/10 times? I think not.
Assuming throw range is reduced to something reasonable, I don't think it's much to ask that grenades go where we point. There is enough player error that no deviation needs to be added. I don't think a soldier is always going to make an accurate toss, but I KNOW many PR players won't, as they can't even do it now.

[R-CON]creepin - "because on the internet 0=1"

Old 2008-01-31, 08:37   #126
Emnyron
Supporting Member

I firmly belive that the reason for the nadespam is a combo of sevral new things in 0.7.
For one, the guns kick like a horse on speed, Ive used a G3 more than once to put it like that, and while it got a certan kick, it dont kick like it does in game.
Not to mention that even if I put my sights on a fella, and hold for a moment, then squeeze of a shot, 9/10 I will miss becuse, A, I did not sit still for 5secs, B, He was behind some form of cover that did not render on my screen.

Secondly, the Grenades are the safest way of killing your opponent..
I know how it is to carry them around, and I know how to trow them..
Just get rid of the annoying "ZOMG JUMP N NADE FTW = I win button"
Besides, Id like to see the range reduced, I for one can not trow a nade 50++meters, Nor can I trow them 20 meters into the air..
They are just, well, for the sake of gameplay, I think they are too usefull.

Becuse lets face it, Gameplay>Realism.
Old 2008-01-31, 09:48   #127
Sadist_Cain
Supporting Member

I think that the range is fine-ish. I can nearly lob a nade that far but I couldn't get two of them landing within 10 feet of each other, If that.

However accuracy definately needs addressing, otherwise we'd all be NBA stars :P I think 3-5 feet of deviation for the nade at maximum range, shorter ranges should bring less deviation.

This should stop slam dunks into windows from 30 feet but also let people have the accuracy to drop them in as they get closer.

It isn't the spamming that's terribly annoying, it's when you're hit on the head by one thrown by Micheal Jordan from half court :P under battle stress etc etc etc combat gear etc blah blah and so on you know the drill, anyhow under battle sress and such you won't be throwing perfectly accurate nades out 30 feet away. Hence why the whole squad nading together would be better...

Here we go, in short it isnt nade spamming that's the problem it's nade sniping :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razick View Post
Or at least get a better render of it because I hate that its rendered like a black ball and is not visible. Thats what annoyes me the most.
lol I think you've got something broken there... I see a shiney green grenade

Last edited by Sadist_Cain; 2008-01-31 at 09:53..
Old 2008-02-01, 02:18   #128
Razick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadist_Cain View Post

lol I think you've got something broken there... I see a shiney green grenade
Yeah I just got an upgrade and noticed them right away thank god. I advocate a nade sniping ban.
Old 2008-02-01, 10:56   #129
DrMcCleod

No way should the number of nades be reduced. They are a very effective method of assaulting an entrenched position - use your squad to suppress the enemy (yes, suppression actually works in 0.7 thanks to the screen shake, well done devs!) while you charge in and lob a couple of pineapples.

Agree about the range and deviation though.

Tags
combat, infantry, nade, ruins, spam, tactical