project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives
20 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2008-02-19, 19:22   #1
Alex L.
Supporting Member

Arrow New Tournament Lead

Hello everyone,

The first battle cycle has been completed. Months and months of hard work has finally paid off. Unfortunately, not completely without problems but hey, what else is new in the tournament. I haven’t had a single campaign yet where everything was perfect. This time we had some server problems surrounding the Basra map. Though there is an elaborate way around the problem, we have decided to remove Al Basra from the battle map until the problem is resolved by the developers.

Under my guidance, the tournament has quadrupled in capacity, become much more professional and streamlined. The appearance of the tournament has been modernized and standardized, with our very own house style, custom icons, etc. New modes have been introduced, including the very recent continuous battle cycle with interactive battle map. After some experimenting in C5, we have even introduced the “SoldierCP”, which includes a comprehensive rank system and much more features especially designed for the tournament. Features that will be expanded upon by the tournament staff. Conclusively, I’m proud to say that our tournament is up to par with most commercial alternatives.

However, for the tournament to grow further, new “fresh blood” is required. Although it was not publically announced, I have been on LOA for a few weeks now, pending my graduation from university. I am pleased to inform you all that I have successfully graduated. Subsequently, I have accepted a job in line with my studies. For this reason, and because I feel the tournament can no longer expand and evolve under my guidance, I have decided to retire my position as Tournament Lead.

Naturally, I will not leave you all to squander away. The tournament needs a Great Dictator! For a while now, I have been very impressed with the work of my commanders and completely in line with the tradition of selecting Tournament Leads from the commander pool, I have offered the position to one of the allied commanders. He has graciously accepted. As such, I am honored and thrilled to announce that the fourth Tournament Lead will be: Grayeknight. Congratulations!

During the next few weeks I will not disappear completely. I will remain on the staff as a consultant (like previous TL’s) and I will also be guiding Grayeknight in his new function so that the transition progresses as fluenty as possible.

Obviously, with Grayeknights moving up in the world, the position of Allied Supreme Commander has become vacant. In my last act on active duty, I have decided that CasualtyUR is promoted to General and will be in command of NATO. It will be up to him and grayeknight to find a suitable commander for NATO 1.

But wait, there’s still more to tell: due to his persistent health problems, my friend and esteemed colleague Pipodeluxe has too announced his retirement. I wish him all the best in his revalidation and thank him for his yearlong contribution to the admin team. For those who don’t know, he’s been our main guy responsible for the tournament house-style, including the forum Icons and the flash header. You shall be missed!

Alright. That’s it for the big announcements. It’s been great fun these last two years. First as chopper pilot for Echo (I was Echo-5, lol) and then on to HCO and eventually Commander and Tournament Lead. I’ve had successful times, and we’ve had troubled times. Overall, I’m glad to say that I’ve never had the urge to resign or quit based on the sometimes emotional attacks on the administration and that the good times have dominated. I thank everyone for that. Though, If I may add something, please give your new Lead a while to adjust, lol. It takes some time to develop elephant-skin and a group of angry tournament-players can be crude as hell! So be nice and behave.

Good luck everyone! Seeya!

Old 2008-02-19, 22:50   #2
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

We will miss you :'(

Old 2008-02-19, 23:07   #3
Mongolian_dude
Retired Moderator

Isn't it Ironic that we lose the great dictator on the same day as Fidel Castro?
....weird

...mongol...

Military lawyers engaged in fierce legal action.
Old 2008-02-20, 00:51   #4
GrayeKnight
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-MOD]Mongolian_dude View Post
Isn't it Ironic that we lose the great dictator on the same day as Fidel Castro?
Conspiracy.

I encourage everyone to go check out the PR tourney and think about joining next time sign-ups are open.

Old 2008-02-20, 14:04   #5
LtSoucy
Supporting Member

I knew it. Did NATO 2 help?

Reality Gaming - Making Games Reality
http://realitygamer.org/

Old 2008-02-20, 14:28   #6
fish

there is a new sheriff in town ...
Old 2008-02-20, 23:55   #7
LtSoucy
Supporting Member

Its GrayeKnight, Mr.GrayeKnight.

Reality Gaming - Making Games Reality
http://realitygamer.org/

Old 2008-02-21, 11:16   #8
Saobh
Retired Moderator

Congrats to GrayeKnight you're in a world of hurt now

Sorry to hear that Pipo's health is still at odds he's one of the most positive and creative players I've had the honor to play with.

Alex's surviving 5 tourneys is a testimony to his hard skin.
But I'm sure you're going to be missing that ban hammer very quickly

My salute to all of you for "putting your money where your mouth is" and indeed making things better for all.

- Saobh Out -

The only acceptable 'Lone Wolf' you'll be allowed to play : http://www.projectaon.org/en/Main/Home

Old 2008-02-21, 17:59   #9
PipoDeluxe
PR Tournament Admin

Thanks Saobh! Much appreciated. (And I agree about Alex missing his hammer soon, lol.)

P.S. Funny and interesting Scientific American article you have there in your sig; I've read the piece with a big smile.
Oh, and say hello to BB for me!

Tags
lead, tournament