project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
23 Aug 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-29, 11:49   #1
Mr.Seb87
Default Radio man

I was thinking, why don't we add a radio man class? The radio man would have a rifle with little amount of ammo, no grenades, some smoke grenades and would allow the squad leader to communicate with the commander only when close enough to the radio man or the radio man's corpse... Just a suggestion that i think hasn't been proposed before ( I did use the search button )...
Old 2008-02-29, 11:57   #2
Smegburt_funkledink

From what I've gathered, Your SL is technically your "radio man".
I believe that the voip funtions are hardcoded so I dont think this could be implemented.
Also, squads aren't big enough as it is. Adding a radio man would mean 1 more role to be filled.
Old 2008-02-29, 12:03   #3
Pariel

Yeah, if there were 10-12 man squads, it would work. Unfortunately, the limit at 6 really limits stuff like this.
Old 2008-02-29, 12:05   #4
Mr.Seb87

Yeah well... just a suggestion, but i do reckon that that would mean one less fighting man.
Old 2008-02-29, 12:27   #5
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

VOIP is hardcoded, but i've never seen a suggestion trying to modify it in this way..

Would be a good suggestion

Old 2008-02-29, 13:16   #6
charliegrs

i think this would kinda kill gameplay, i mean lets be honest, we have a hard enough time just getting our squads to stay together with all the idiots on the public servers, if you needed one of your squad members to stay within close proximity to you to communicate with the commander you would end up never being able to talk to the commander.
Old 2008-02-29, 13:32   #7
Smegburt_funkledink

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliegrs View Post
if you needed one of your squad members to stay within close proximity to you to communicate with the commander you would end up never being able to talk to the commander.
= realism. I wouldn't say "never" either.

This can't happen tho. HC
Old 2008-02-29, 13:43   #8
Tef

Wait but in this day and age they still use big clunky radios?
Old 2008-02-29, 13:46   #9
OkitaMakoto
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

While I really do commend you for using search, sometimes its just not enough. Some older threads *might* not show up for whatever reason. First thing to do is check the "Already Suggested Suggestions" thread. I just did and it has:
"Radio Messages/Any At All 1" in its list. For whatever reason, the link took me to the forums main page, so it is probably an old thread so you wont see the discussion, but rest assured its been brought up before and basically, for VOIP reasons and for the fact that it would lower active members in a squad of 6, it was decided against

Welcome to the forums
Okita
Closed Thread

Tags
man, radio, radio man, radio!