project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR Tech Archives
21 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR Tech Archives Archived threads - locked for searching

Old 2008-03-24, 20:07   #1
aut0general

Default Freakin Vista!

ok my friend has the 32-bit vista and he has tried everything: turning off UAC, running as admin, downloading Sp1, reinstalling bf2 and pr but it still doesnt want to load a map, it gets to 15% and then CTD........CAN SOMEONE PLZ HELP ME!!!
Old 2008-03-24, 20:13   #2
mattyd617

your sure he installed vista sp1? That worked for me. Tell him to try updating all his video and sound drivers. And make sure he's always running pr as an administrator.
Old 2008-03-24, 21:35   #3
Mora

How much RAM does he has?
Old 2008-03-25, 00:53   #4
Bamboo

1st up, why on earth did you make 2 posts about the same thing. It makes me not even want to offer help.
2nd, why did you jump to the conclusion it was Vista that was the problem. It sound like if all the other games are working, than it is PR that is the problem, not Vista.
3rd, you beg for help but offer no details as to what parts he actually has in his system, so we pretty much can offer you no help, having nothing to work from
4th, has he tried going to the shortcut properties and clicking compatibility mode for XP SP2.
I do it for both the PR exe and the BF2 exe, just to make sure. Do the same thing for Admin

Until you get back to us with some better info, I suggest you download PR again.
And try using a different browser if he used Internet Explorer before. It can have some problems with downloading large files.
Old 2008-03-25, 15:20   #5
SnipingCoward

15%? is it maybe client_objects.zip, that cant get loaded

ur installer is probably broke, redownload!
(modjive has a broken download)
Old 2008-04-07, 09:59   #6
Dunehunter
Retired Moderator
Supporting Member

Locking for re-post.

[R-MOD]Jigsaw] I am drunk. I decided to come home early because I can''t realy seea nyithng. I hthknk i madea bad choicce.

Tags
freakin, vista