project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR Tech Archives
21 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR Tech Archives Archived threads - locked for searching

Old 2008-07-22, 18:38   #1
FireStrike
Default mic problems

I just finished installing PR but i didn't dare go on multi player servers because my mic has some problems. every time i play on a server my mic is working but only for a few minuets and then fails to connect. my mic isn't made for gaming and i hadn't bother to fix this since i played on vanilla, and i also didn't know how to fix it. if this has any thing to do with team speak please explain how i can get it because i don't have it right now and i really have no idea how to work with these things.

EDIT: i also found a new problem, every time i log on to PR and try to play SP no maps show up, i already installed them and every thing is in one place. any ideas
Last edited by FireStrike; 2008-07-22 at 18:55.. Reason: found new problem and didn't want to dobble post
Old 2008-07-23, 01:30   #2
thepalerider

Arrow Re: mic problems

Time to think about a new headset:
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepalerider View Post
Alright now those of you who don't have a mike and/or headset have no excuse not to own one.
You can get a great deal online!
Check it out.

Plantronics Clearance Store

I'm using a Audio 80 Analog foldable Headset right now (sorry they've sold out of them)and love it!
It was like 8 bucks!
The Audio 60 Analog Headset is sure to be comfortable for hours of play. If you have a big(fat) head like me don't get the cup style (Audio 90 Analog Headset shown)get the open pad like the Audio 60 Analog Headset. The pad rests on your temple not your ear so 0 pain after 8+ hours!

Now sure you can get cheaper headsets but the quality for the price on these is a winner!
You can still find these in stores for $35US and up!

Hopefully you and I won't ever have to read another text message like "enemy tank at.....*#@*#*#dam he got us!"

Friends don't let friends drive armor without VOIP!!

Single player PR is a separate download
not included in the PR 756 "core" or "levels"
check this out to get up and running PRSP
(PR SINGLE PLAYER)
Old 2008-07-24, 07:12   #3
fubar++
Default Re: mic problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireStrike View Post
I just finished installing PR but i didn't dare go on multi player servers because my mic has some problems. every time i play on a server my mic is working but only for a few minuets and then fails to connect. my mic isn't made for gaming and i hadn't bother to fix this since i played on vanilla, and i also didn't know how to fix it. if this has any thing to do with team speak please explain how i can get it because i don't have it right now and i really have no idea how to work with these things.
See post #4:
https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f27...behaviour.html
Old 2008-07-24, 15:02   #4
FireStrike

i've seen that post but my mic fails and doesn't connect for the time that i'm playing the game.
Old 2008-07-24, 16:01   #5
fubar++

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireStrike View Post
i've seen that post but my mic fails and doesn't connect for the time that i'm playing the game.
Then you probably have a soundcard that isn't compatible with BF2. For example many onboard soundcards, like AC97 codec based will not work properly. If you are using such get a better one like Creative X-Fi Gamer.

Tags
mic, problems