project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Feedback Archives > PR v0.87 Feedback Forum
09 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2008-09-11, 07:22   #1
Wing Walker
Default AK + SKS

I was looking at pictures of the sights on these rifles to compare how they look in RL while aiming, and they are pretty spot on.

However, when I hold and aim these rifles in person, it is in no way as hard to sight on target as it is in the game. They are clear and easy to see, I actually would like these sights better in a hunting scenario, or peep hole iron sights. I like the clear plain above the sights allowing you to see and track a moving target easier.

But in v0.8 I feel like I need a scope just to see the front sight to put it on target. Its so small and hard to see, while the other side has optics, you die trying to find where a little dot is, putting it on the little dot that is already shooting at you.

I think the sights look good, just need to be zoomed into a little more, as you would be seeing it holding the rifle to your eye in RL.
Old 2008-09-11, 07:24   #2
Chuc
Retired PR Developer

Default Re: AK + SKS

The camera's position is actually where you would stick your cheek, albiet a little forward. However this has been addressed for a later version.

Personal Folio - http://www.studioash.net
Old 2008-09-11, 07:27   #3
Wing Walker

Cool.

I saw in pics that the angle is right, just things seems too harder to see than in person.
Old 2008-09-11, 10:03   #4
Billy_Crook_Foot

The sights on the Militia SLs AK (101?) are fantastic. Had my first game with them last night and I reckon they are f. excellent.

Well done Chuc (and with all the other stuff of this great release.)

Tags
sks