project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR General Discussion Archives
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2008-08-12, 17:48   #1
UK_Force
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Exclamation Project Reality - UK LAN Info Only Thread

All info will be collated here as and when required, leaving the other as a Sign up thread only.

Please check on a Regular Basis for Updates

I have booked it in Bovington in Dorset, at the Armour Centre, home of the Royal Armoured Corps, due mostly to costs and time constraints against us. The idea would be the ABA guys host all as guests, over the weekend 13th/14th September.

We will run a BBQ on the tea time of the Saturday, followed by drinking and playing PR through the night. On the Sunday, have a bit of breakfast and a clean up, then go to visit the tank museum.

The LAN cabling, power, screens, seating etc is all in place and all people would need to bring is a tower/laptop. We have the building to ourselves for 2 days but the idea is to run an overnighter fuelled by beer and redbull

The problem lies with numbers, we can currently only have 28 guys max, so it would be by first come first served basis.

The costs involved are hopefully minimal, transport to Dorset, £5 per head for a BBQ, Fry up for breakfast £1.06, bring your own beer, or get it when here.

The idea is to literally turn up, have a good time with good company, have a relaxed time, and kick some a** on PR
What I need to know is definate numbers of who would be interested so i can get the ball rolling. And if anyone thinks of anything else i can bolt on let me know. As well as the stuff listed above we are currently looking into having:

1. A Q & A session where questions can be fielded to some of the DEV's, and maybe a few snippets of "unknown" info about future content and a few exclusives may pop out.

2. An added bonus of at least one 'new' map which is as yet unplayed, and prepared exclusively for this LAN.

3. Some static AFV's, hopefully a CR2 and Scimitar among other vehicles (not guaranteed yet!)

4. A visit to the Bovington Tank Museum http://www.tankmuseum.org/home.html to include a full guided tour by the museum director!

Just to add guys, those who come will need sleeping bags, and wash kits, as we will be "roughing" it

MAIN POINTS

1. You will need PHOTOGRAPHIC IDto get into the Camp guys.

2. KIT REQUIRED, and suggested:
a. Computer Tower / Laptop (REQD)
b. Your Own BF2 CD (REQD)
c. Sleeping Bag (REQD)
d. Wash Kit / Towel (REQD)
e. Money, Min = £10 (REQD)
f. Own Beer / Drinks
g. Mug for Tea / Coffee
h. Camera / Camcorder
i. Own Periphials
j. Headgear only NO SPEAKERS ALLOWED PLEASE (REQD)

3. Cost = £5 per Head for BBQ, + about £5 for meals.

4. To be held in Bovington Dorset - Address:

Armour Centre
Allenbey Barracks
AFV CIS School
Bovington
Dorset
BH20 6JA

5. Dates of event = 13/14 September.

6. Timings - All to meet at the Car Park of the Clouds Hill Pub, which is pretty much opposite the Camp no later than 10am on the 13TH Sept, so we can get you all booked in at the same time.

If you want my Mobile number, just in case you have problems, and want to get hold of me on the day please pm me and I will let you know it.

A few pics of the 2 IT Suites we will be using ..... 14 in each room.

Server

IT Suite 1

IT Suite 2

Just an update to show you a timetable, of the events ... may be subject to change, but is looking good so far.

Last edited by Undies; 2008-08-13 at 13:23..
Old 2008-09-05, 17:30   #2
UK_Force
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: Project Reality - UK LAN Info Only Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkpowder View Post
There is an x-fire chatroom up so those people on the list to come at the top of this thread, make yourself known to us on x-fire - also those people who went to the original Team-visit there in 2007 welcome too.

Also we have a TS Room set up for the event here:

Old 2008-09-09, 10:40   #3
UK_Force
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Attendees

[R-DEV]Undies
[R-DEV]UK Force
[R-DEV]Nickbond 592
[R-DEV]Masaq
[R-DEV]Dr Rank
[R-DEV]Rhino
[R-DEV] JS.Fortnight.A
[R-DEV]Stigger
[R-DEV]Sim
e-Gor
Darkpowder
Natala
Sadist_Cain
Madtommy
SqnLdr
Viglen
Sgt.Smeg
ABA Joey Deacs
ABA Burt
ABA Littledragon
ABA Mitch
GhostMjr
NeTaBoB
-=TB=-ante9383
andyq
[R-CON]Mescaldrav
Mesarim
(twl) Lan
SOE .Le0pard Geck0.

Total : 29

If you will now not be making this, PLEASE pm Undies or me ASP

Old 2008-09-09, 11:06   #4
UK_Force
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

REMINDER

Armour Centre
Allenbey Barracks
AFV CIS School
Bovington
Dorset
BH20 6JA

Dates of event = 13/14 September.

Timings - All to meet at the Car Park of the Clouds Hill Pub, which is pretty much opposite the Camp no later than 0945 on the 13TH Sept, so we can get you all booked in at the same time.

Map Here:

clouds hill pub - Google Maps

Old 2008-09-11, 08:51   #5
UK_Force
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Ok I have got a CISCO 24 port router for the extra places now, to that end if anyone has or can bring some decent length CAT 5 cables that would be appreciated, as I may not be able to source enough of them.

20 places are already in place, just need to add a further 10 ish, hence the router.

Please pm me if you can bring some CAT 5 cables

Cheers lads
Old 2008-09-11, 08:54   #6
UK_Force
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Due to this being a LAN can all attendees please ensure they have a "clean" computer prior to bringing it down, and that your Anti Virus is up to date and working.

Also ensure you have Teamspeak installed and working, and dont forget to pack your BF2 CD ..... lol

If you have any old "decent" computer bits you want rid of as well, it may be an idea to bring them down, as you may be able to sell them and help someone out ???

Old 2008-09-11, 17:19   #7
UK_Force
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

The monitors all have VGA adapters. So those with just DVI ports on your graphis cards will need to bring an adapter.

Dont forget them Guys or you wont be able to have a screen.

Old 2008-09-12, 11:35   #8
UK_Force
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Ok Guys we are starting to set up now, and as far as I am aware, there is only 1 person who can not make it.

So see you all in the Morning - 0945am.

As previous meet up in Clouds Hill Car Park, I will be stood next to a Silver Hyundai Coupe F2 Evo, V Reg, so you can spot me.

Tags
info, lan, project, reality, thread