project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Bugs
21 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Bugs If you find a bug within PR:BF2 (including PRSP), please report it here.

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-04, 23:04   #11
Celestial1
Default Re: Insurgency Bugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durandal View Post
Thanks for the reply.

1) I've tested it out on two separate occasions, both time, it seemed invincible.

2) As far as the contact report goes, it works fine if you're the commander, it goes exactly where you right click, but when squad leaders put down a contact report, it sometimes has the tendency to go in one of the "autospot" locations (i.e. where you last actually saw a target and spotted it with the commo rose).
These both should be looked into.

If you do come across an invincible hideout, try having 3 people walk to it, or try to knife certain areas of it.

For now, just remove the marker and reset it where they spotted it. I haven't had this problem yet, so I don't know what else to say.
Old 2008-09-05, 02:36   #12
Durandal

Another bug - certain markers don't seem to be deletable. I'm not completely sure, but it may have something to do with the amount of time they remain on the map.
Old 2008-09-05, 05:14   #13
THE_RAZOR

While I was commander of insurgents several times on Ramiel today (inside the main hideout) at the commander screen, each time I was suddenly kicked from server after a period of time much like when you are kicked for being idle only it said i was kicked for excessive team vote each time. Is it possible that while you are commanding in a hideout that the server sees you as being idle? Seemed like some kind of bug to me. Not sure if anyone else has had same problem but I thought i'd post it.
Old 2008-09-05, 13:47   #14
Durandal

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE_RAZOR View Post
While I was commander of insurgents several times on Ramiel today (inside the main hideout) at the commander screen, each time I was suddenly kicked from server after a period of time much like when you are kicked for being idle only it said i was kicked for excessive team vote each time. Is it possible that while you are commanding in a hideout that the server sees you as being idle? Seemed like some kind of bug to me. Not sure if anyone else has had same problem but I thought i'd post it.
I actually had this exact same problem. Wasn't sure if it was server or client related. Was it on battlearena.com that you had this? I haven't really tested it out on another insurgency server.
Old 2008-09-05, 14:51   #15
THE_RAZOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durandal View Post
I actually had this exact same problem. Wasn't sure if it was server or client related. Was it on battlearena.com that you had this? I haven't really tested it out on another insurgency server.
Yes it was Battlearena. Not sure if its just with their server or not .I'll have to try it on other servers. Glad to hear it wasnt just me.
Old 2008-09-05, 20:16   #16
[R-COM]bad_nade
Support Technician
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE_RAZOR View Post
It's an idler-kick. I've seen it happen to our commander on Ramiel when playing at battlearena. Others see the 'reason: idler' message, but the person being kicked see the same vote kick message every time. (This message part is mentioned on their forums too. They can't change it.)
Old 2008-09-05, 21:06   #17
fuzzhead
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

I'll try to address some issues:

- Remember when placing ANY deployable assets, you need to be on level terrain. If your trying to place it on a cliff, it wont work so well. Be on flat level terrain and it will work.

- Only 2 hideouts is a bug and is fixed for a patcher that is upcoming

- Contact reports - the trick is to always place an attack command BEFORE using contact report. For whatever crappy reason, it will most of the times "snap" to the attack command marker. so if your marker is in the right area, you should have no problems.

- Insurgent have no ammo bags, error in the manual
Old 2008-09-07, 03:39   #18
Objurium

Had an odd bug on Op Archer earlier today. The game's scrolling text reported that the first cache was destroyed....While we were briefing.

I'm guessing the cache spawned in a 'bad' spot, unlevel ground or something like that, causing it to kill itself? Just a guess.
Old 2008-09-12, 15:07   #19
Eversmann

I'm getting the "invisible molotov cocktail fire" too. I'm trying to reproduce it. It happens on all the insurgents maps, so it may be attached to a kit not a map.

Everytime it happened, was as cell leader. Once i have more details, i'll open a new thread about it.
Closed Thread

Tags
bugs, insurgency