project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front > PR In-Game Tactics and Strategies > Commander Tactics
22 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2008-09-09, 03:03   #11
Tartantyco
Default Re: Proper use of assets - 0.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]fuzzhead View Post
yes, squad leaders desperately need a tutorial video, the amount of crappy placed assets Ive seen is extradordinary hehe

Seems like most just randomly place down stuff, usually with 50cals facing a wall 5 feet in front of them...

All the assets can be deployed to be highly useful, but it does require a bit of thought, not just mindlessly placing the stuff 20 meters from the firebase
-Guess what. I just spent 4 hours putting a video together and, the bastard spawn of Satan that I am, I forgot to save the project before publishing it and the thing dies on me... That was a little annoying. Oh well, I'll record some new footage tomorrow(Don't feel like using the previous footage) and spend another four hours making a video. Making a video about assets all by yourself takes time(Spawn as Officer, take a truck, find a good spot, drop crates, place FOP, kill self, reaspawn as Engineer, drive over there again, build FOP, pick up Officer's Kit, place assets, go back and pick up some shovel kit, go back and build the assets. Did that four times today...)
Tartantyco is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-09, 03:06   #12
Tartantyco

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberzomby View Post
If you put up your firebase on open ground I agree you can use your .50 cal's. But than the Enemy can pop in a HAT, APC or sniper and kill everyone. The first 2 examples can even kill the firebase ) So I think both set-ups got there advantages. In cover and urban setting it has a better chance of hiding, and in the other you can shoot the enemy better but get blown up better.
-You don't place the FOP on open ground. There's a 200m radius in which the assets can be built, you don't need to place it in the open. The red markers only mark the approximate area.
Old 2008-09-09, 03:11   #13
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

regarding 50cals (and hideouts) they don't seem to spawn like other assets, i.e. 5m in front of you, they sometimes find their own spot to the left or right, Am I doing something wrong, or is it something to do with the ground i'm putting it on?

Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-09, 04:10   #14
Tartantyco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr2B Rudd View Post
regarding 50cals (and hideouts) they don't seem to spawn like other assets, i.e. 5m in front of you, they sometimes find their own spot to the left or right, Am I doing something wrong, or is it something to do with the ground I'm putting it on?
-Depending on where you drop them they might slide a bit to one side. Just make sure you stay away from walls and buildings and it should deploy 5m straight in front of you.
Old 2008-09-09, 08:56   #15
Sir.Grossi
Supporting Member

Good Work Tartanyco.

and Thanks for giving all the best tactics away!!!

Seriously, it's nice to see people who contribute.

G

[RIP]Sir.Grossi
PR GC
www.rustyinplaces.org
Sir.Grossi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-11, 23:51   #16
Tartantyco

Just an update while I'm recharging to make a video; a very good FOP position for MEC on Muttrah:

Red Cross = FOP location
Yellow = HMGs
Blue = Automatic Rifleman
Green = AA
Black/White = AT/AT Rifleman

HMG Cover North:

HMG Cover East:

AR/AT Position:

FOP Position:

For full efficiency you need a six man crew: HMG Operators(2), AA(1), AR(1), AT(1), Officer(1) spotting.

Minimum crew should be 3; HMG Operators(2), AT(1).

The position should contain USMC in North City. You should have maximum crew as long as East/West City flags are cappable, minimum crew if you have North City. It's far enough away that an FOP can be placed in A3 and around East City.
Old 2008-09-12, 06:58   #17
cyberzomby

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]fuzzhead View Post
yes, squad leaders desperately need a tutorial video, the amount of crappy placed assets Ive seen is extradordinary hehe
If we can gather a set of places and tactics I could do a tutorial. Im pretty handy with After-Effects but Im not sure what the best way to capture is. Without to much lag. I got a good system ( 2.5 ghz dual, 4 gig ram, 512 nvidia gforce ) but I always thought capturing is laggy. So how do I do that. I heard Battle Recorder right?

I only got the time for this once I moved in my new "Appartment" next weekend though.

EDIT:

Just thought of this. I could make an after-effects video where you see maps from high above and zoom in with colored area's overlaying to display good area's and good firing lanes. Like the Frontlines: Fuel of war video's where the frontlines are displayed over the map. That will look ace
Last edited by cyberzomby; 2008-09-15 at 07:06..
Old 2008-09-30, 05:24   #18
TheAmazingYant

I was actually looking at the exact same spot as that last set, at the cul-de-sac. If placed correctly the two HMG positions will be protected from fire on the flanks, as the cul-de-sac is slightly elevated and covered with dense brush.

However, I thought it might be better to place the AR/AT gunner on the western staircase of the building illustrated. If I remember it has a similar field of fire with the same potential for cover, with the added bonus of being in a less obvious position. Either position should allow the gunner to place fire into the gas station area, which is a minor blind spot for the HMG.

If you get the time, I would like to see more things like this. Now if only I can get people to execute this in-game.
TheAmazingYant is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
assets, proper