project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR Tech Archives
21 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR Tech Archives Archived threads - locked for searching

Old 2008-10-28, 02:34   #1
drburke
Default CTD among other problems...

Alright, so to start off, I've had PR on my computer before (0.75) and it ran great. I uninstalled it due to space restrictions, and I recently installed it again. I installed it after a fresh install of BF2 (that was a couple weeks ago but I've only ran BF2 once since then), and problems are coming out of the wahzoo. First, I double click the PR icon, and it flashes a black screen then CTDs. When opening it in windowed mode, it comes back as a failure in the DX9 area. I have read through all the stickies, and nothing works.

I have an HP tower with a AMD Athlon x64 3800+, nVidia GeForce 8600 GTS, and 4GB ram.

Also, since installation of PR, my computer fails to respond on many occasions, and freezes up every time I go into the explorer window. Then it is about a three to five minute process to get it back. When I start up applications, it takes a good minute before it appears on the Processes page on the Task Manager. And logging into accounts seems really sluggish too. I defraged and remove all junk files before installing PR too. Figured I should come talk to the experts. Thanks.

~Burke

EDIT: Found out it was a custom map interfering with the shaders for some reason. Oh well. It's fixed.
Last edited by drburke; 2008-10-28 at 02:49..

Tags
ctd, problems