project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front
20 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Tales from the Front Share your in-game experiences playing PR:BF2.

Old 2009-01-26, 04:25   #11
fludblud
Default Re: BLOODY WIRE

many times its not so much the wire thats the problem but the idiots that insist it must be there, some dont see the logic of setting up an entrance and will defend their wire placement as if it were their child.

i was on seven gates last night on the PLA side at the river fort and we couldnt get the logistics truck to drop off supply crates as somebody insisted on placing a great big wire across the front ramp, meaning if anybody wanted a kit they had to venture out to the killing field and risk getting shot.

when people started saying it was better to have the crates inside the fort all he replied was TOUGH LUCK THEN and rebuilt it whenever someone tried to drop a phosphorus nade on it.
fludblud is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-26, 05:02   #12
DesmoLocke
Supporting Member

I miss the .8 wire as it was easily placed 5 meters in front of you and effectively blocked entrances against infantry. I propose putting it back in the next build along side the "new and improved" buildable wire. The new wire seems to give most people fits when trying to place it just right. It has dropped directly on many of my squad leaders this past weekend and even on me. Plus, some of it will appear with a huge dirt mound. While, good in some cases, its not good in others. I understand the mod is always in a case of WIP, but I'm just giving some early thoughts. Love the work CodeRedFox and I'm eagerly awaiting for your next map, Feyzabad.

Maybe CharityCase will figure out the new wire and teach us all...
Project Reality razorwire tutorial

PR player since 0.5 (Feb 2007)
DesmoLocke is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-26, 16:30   #13
McBumLuv

I don't see a problem with the new wire, It's just as easy to place for me as the old wire.
McBumLuv is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-26, 17:44   #14
CodeRedFox
Retired PR Developer

Yeah it shouldn't (code wise) be any different, but not a 100% on that. You might just be noticing the dirt mound more as the older one didn't have it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesmoLocke View Post
Love the work CodeRedFox and I'm eagerly awaiting for your next map, Feyzabad.

DesmoLocke: Hey, CodeRedFox, back on top, man.
CodeRedFox: Thanks, Desmo. You rock.
DesmoLocke: No, you rock. When you gonna drop Feyzabad on us, buddy?
CodeRedFox: Not yet. You gotta tame the beast before you let it out of its cage.

"apcs, like dogs can't look up" - Dr2B Rudd
Last edited by CodeRedFox; 2009-01-26 at 17:58..
Old 2009-01-27, 05:57   #15
DesmoLocke
Supporting Member

Default Re: [AAR] BLOODY WIRE

LOL

Well, I've noticed that if the wire isn't placed on perfectly flat ground, you can get a mound of dirt up to 5 meters high. But, that occurs for most of the buildable objects.

I'll try to get a screen shot of it...

PR player since 0.5 (Feb 2007)
DesmoLocke is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
aar, bloody, wire