project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Bugs
21 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Bugs If you find a bug within PR:BF2 (including PRSP), please report it here.

Closed Thread

Old 2009-01-30, 16:54   #1
DevilsMercenary
Default Commander Demolish Bug

I was playing Asad Khal, when I went to remove an old forward outpost to create a new one within the range of the old one, It seemed to cause a fairly serious problem. The new firebase that was created and it seemed to happen to even the next one built after within the 600m range of the old one, could not be spawned on, however, you could still spawn on the original destroyed one. The spawn icon was still there, though the firebase was not.

So the 1st Firebase was destroyed using the commander ability, and #2 and #3 were built, in place of it, however u couldn't spawn on 2&3 but u could spawn on the old spawn point where 1 use to exist. If this isn't clear enough I'll be glad to try and explain it better just contact me, [email protected], if you do not discover this issue, then ignore it, but i have a feeling it is a problem, or it might be specific to Asad Khal. Also, when u go to delete markers, it deletes more then you want deleted, so if that can be fixed that would be nice.
Old 2009-01-30, 18:29   #2
R.J.Travis
Supporting Member

Default Re: Commander Demolish Bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsMercenary View Post
I was playing Asad Khal, when I went to remove an old forward outpost to create a new one within the range of the old one, It seemed to cause a fairly serious problem. The new firebase that was created and it seemed to happen to even the next one built after within the 600m range of the old one, could not be spawned on, however, you could still spawn on the original destroyed one. The spawn icon was still there, though the firebase was not.

So the 1st Firebase was destroyed using the commander ability, and #2 and #3 were built, in place of it, however u couldn't spawn on 2&3 but u could spawn on the old spawn point where 1 use to exist. If this isn't clear enough I'll be glad to try and explain it better just contact me, [email protected], if you do not discover this issue, then ignore it, but i have a feeling it is a problem, or it might be specific to Asad Khal. Also, when u go to delete markers, it deletes more then you want deleted, so if that can be fixed that would be nice.
try to get it to happen again "on a locked server" then video it then send it via pm to a [R-DEV] so a its not exploited. sounds like it may have just been a rare server side glitch.

Twisted Helix: Yep you were the one tester that was of ultimate value.
Old 2009-01-30, 22:27   #3
bloodthirsty_viking
Default Re: Commander Demolish Bug

idk if this relates the least but you know how there will be the remains of a destryed firebase?
should they be able to build a new one 20 meters away?
Closed Thread

Tags
bug, commander, demolish