project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
21 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2009-04-16, 01:55   #1
aperson444
Default Singleplayer training

I have run a search and checked the ASS thread. No results show up.

Many people have been complaining about smacktards on training servers. A solution to this could be creating a training mode for SP. That way, if you needed some real people, you could invite some friends to play, but for the most part, you can use AI for target practice and get familiar with the weapons. I'm not saying we should phase out the MP training, which can help to some extent, but just add an alternative.
aperson444 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 05:48   #2
Dev1200
Default Re: Singleplayer training

Most people can't play SP due to you have to have a lot more ram to support a decent game.. so it wouldn't really contribute much. Or may not even be used.. lol.

How would you script single player training for AI? Lol
Dev1200 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 06:22   #3
SkaterCrush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dev1200 View Post
Most people can't play SP due to you have to have a lot more ram to support a decent game.. so it wouldn't really contribute much. Or may not even be used.. lol.

Copy pasta BF2 script? Eh, I tried to host my own local game for training and I laaaaaagged bad. I didn't think it was that hard on my computer >:{D
SkaterCrush is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 06:53   #4
Mj Pain
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dev1200 View Post

PRSP workes fine with 2GB RAM. It´s a bit more stressfull on the cpu but if you can play the multiplayermod, you can play the single playermod.
The single playermod is exellent for targetpractise and for getting to know some of the diffrent kits (HAT, LAT, SAW, Marksman and Sniper).

Read this https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f31...-download.html

Mj Pain is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-18, 03:14   #5
aperson444

I have 2 GB RAM, and I do fine. I think it's possible. Doesn't training just have shorter asset spawn times and infantry spawn times?
aperson444 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-18, 03:25   #6
SgtFailure

i have 2gb ram but the max i go without lagging the round away is around 16-22 player including me and the bots. more than that will probably lead to low FPS.

and AFAIK, multiplayer and singleplayer differs that the singleplayer have to account for every bot in the game while the multiplayer does not. Which allows more players online.

-SgtFailure
SgtFailure is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-18, 04:30   #7
ballard_44
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtFailure View Post
and AFAIK, multiplayer and singleplayer differs that the singleplayer have to account for every bot in the game while the multiplayer does not.
-SgtFailure
Exactly...Bots are all based on your CPU processing power.
The more bots and higher difficulty, the more strain on your CPU.

Bots have nothing to do with your RAM.

Factor in all the other variables regarding PR graphic wise and it can take quite abit to get SP up and running smoothly.
ballard_44 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
singleplayer, training