project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
21 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2009-04-19, 16:27   #1
fenriz9000
Supporting Member
Default FLIR improvement for helicopter gunner

Hello,
as far as I see there is a small displey, showing to gunner position of their view relative to chopper position. This looks like dot in box, where edges of box is edges of possible gunner view.
I think that it would be useful improvement, sorry for bad english.
fenriz9000 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-19, 16:42   #2
AnRK
Supporting Member

Default Re: FLIR improvement for helicopter gunner

I know your English isn't very good, my Russian is none existent never mind bad, but I'm not too sure what your talking about. I'm pretty sure there's something like what you've said in game, so I'm not sure if your suggesting that it should be changed to something else.
AnRK is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-19, 17:03   #3
Mora

There is no way to get FLIR working on the bf2 engine.

And the gunners view direction bar for you see on the pilots hud cannot be used on the gunner seat. So instead we used the compass. In earlier releases we had on the minimap the view direction showing as a sort of triangle but this was removed, making it harder to know in which direction you are facing.

For example: The pilot sees something suspicious at 12 o'clock while you the gunner looks somewhere on the left of right he does not know where 12 o'clock is. So he first needs to go back to the cockpit cam set it to 12 o'clock and then go back into the mode he was in first. This takes time really and its just annoying. And giving barrings doesn't work that well either.
Mora is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-19, 17:52   #4
killaye

I didnt playng battlefield 2 couse was usualy used battlefield bad company on ps3,well i just seing first mujahideen fight video on youtube but it was project reality so instal bf 2 + mod,But i cannot start it when i starting in desctope icon of instaled mod,i cannot play on bf2 singlemod..I hope soon will play it...And i wana say about flir mod that is gota be more fun couse when i used in bfbc and in armed assault flyed in heli i used flir same ,it was realistic check vbs2 cool sim,if you gona add somethin good:add texture and landshaft destructions it make more realistic lol or something cool just like ied
tnx anyway gona try somehows start bf2 pr
killaye is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
flir, gunner, helicopter, improvement, position