project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding > Community Maps
20 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Community Maps Maps created by PR community members.

Old 2015-01-15, 13:07   #101
[R-DEV]​Ason
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Default re: [Map] Bamyan (4km)[WIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]AfterDune View Post
Otherwise select the OG static, then select all of this type, then delete. Repeat for every OG static. Tedious job, but should get it done eventually.
Yeah this is what I did, unfortunately every handplaced OG of the same type was also deleted, but not a big problem as I only had about 30 handplaced ones
Ason is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-15, 13:31   #102
AfterDune
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Yeah, that's the downside of that method. Can be a real pain in the ass if you've handplaced a whole lot of them.

No worries, we've all been there man. Backups are soooo nice to have .

AfterDune is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-17, 18:32   #103
WarEagle751

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ason View Post
Yeah this was also what I had in mind from the beginning, but I'm not sure I will use those factions anymore. I just think the scopes are too powerful to make it any fun for the talibans.. It's like having a team of snipers vs civilians imo.

My new plan is to make it Syrian army vs FSA, making it either
FSA vs Taliban or Hamas vs FSA until the Syrian Army is done (I hope they are still working on it)
The hescoes could be a gift from the Iraqi Army, or left behind from an earlier US invasion

Opfor vs Opfor could also simulate some kind of civil war like Afghan Army vs Taliban, Kurds vs Isis or the factions that are in Arma Takistan map, until the Syrian army is done.

Btw does someone know if Hamas have a crewman kit?
Well, that's a shame. I mean I understand where you're coming from. It would be rather difficult for the Taliban to win in this.

Hmm, but maybe you can make an alternate with US vs Taliban or US vs MEC for Coop if possible? I know you can make this work because of Korengal Valley and I would love to have this type of atmoshere!

IDK, you can do what you want. It's your map, but if you do that'll be awesome!
Last edited by WarEagle751; 2015-01-17 at 19:02..
Old 2015-01-18, 00:12   #104
[R-DEV]​Ason
Supporting Member

Quote:
Hmm, but maybe you can make an alternate with US vs Taliban or US vs MEC for Coop if possible? I know you can make this work because of Korengal Valley and I would love to have this type of atmoshere!
Unfortunately you can only do that with factions that speak the same language..

Does someone know if it's possible to change the language of a faction?
Since Hamas doesn't have a crewman kit I will have to use militia faction, and it would be great if I could get them to speak arabic.
Old 2015-01-18, 08:50   #105
AfterDune
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

I think.... you could set the map to have the factions you want, then after that set the language again, the vBF2 way, sort of.

AfterDune is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-18, 11:19   #106
[R-DEV]​Ason
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]AfterDune View Post
I think.... you could set the map to have the factions you want, then after that set the language again, the vBF2 way, sort of.
Yeah it worked, thanks AD.

Which wooden crates are best to use? PR or vbf2?
Last edited by [R-DEV]Ason; 2015-01-18 at 12:06..
Old 2015-01-18, 14:14   #107
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

vbf2 iirc

Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-28, 07:22   #108
[R-DEV]​Ason
Supporting Member

Thank rudd.

Are there any tutorials for creating a night map?

Looking at Fools Road, it seems like these are the files I need to make:

Terrain_night.con
Sky_night.con
AmbientObjects_night.con
Water_night.con (If there is water?)

and some small lines to add to the init_night.con and gamemode files to use the init_night.con.

My questions at the moment are:

1. How do I create terraindata_night.raw? If I change the lighting will that affect the terraindata.raw? So all I need to do is change lighting to a more "night feeling" and get that new terraindata file and rename it, or is there something else I need to do to make it a "night version" file?

2.Looking at those files at the top it seems like a pretty simple process, does someone know if making a night map requires alot more work and knowledge of more programs outside the editor? I'm not planing on making the map very complex with street lights and stuff.

And yeah I couldn't find any tuts so if someone could give me a link I would be very happy

Also I'm just curious, does explosions light up the surrounding terrain on night maps?

I did some testing with the light settings and this is the results so far:
Old 2015-01-28, 08:29   #109
Amok@ndy
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

what are you trying to do ? a map like fools road that has a day scenario and a night scenario ? if so you have to go the complicated way of cloning files changing paths having doubled textures etc.

If you are creating a new map then its not different then creating any other map just with a dark setup.

there was a tutorial for light sources but images are gone: https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f18...-your-map.html

Amok@ndy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-28, 10:51   #110
[R-DEV]​Ason
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Amok@ndy View Post
what are you trying to do ? a map like fools road that has a day scenario and a night scenario ? if so you have to go the complicated way of cloning files changing paths having doubled textures etc.

If you are creating a new map then its not different then creating any other map just with a dark setup.

there was a tutorial for light sources but images are gone: https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f18...-your-map.html
Thanks Andy, I would like to make both day and night, I think I can figure out most of the things I need to do, the only things I'm unsure of atm is what affects the terraindata.raw and colormaps.

Fools road has night versions of both the terraindata.raw and the colormaps. Is it the lighting that affects those files? So if I make the terrain darker, those files will update and I can then copy and rename them to night version?

Tags
4km, 4kmwip, bamyan, concept, map, released, ridge, shok, takistan, wip