project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
25 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2015-06-04, 10:55   #111
NT78stonewobble
Default Re: To All the Veteran Players and Server Admins, Be Kind to New Players!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-COM]Hulabi View Post
Join us on NEW this coming Thursday at 19:00 PRT (22:00 Finnish time) and look for [3dAC], we'll show you the ropes.
Only had good experiences here.
NT78stonewobble is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-11, 14:51   #112
oO Para Oo
Default Re: To All the Veteran Players and Server Admins, Be Kind to New Players!

As a new player (been playing for around 3 weeks) I have been called a fkn'Noob' and idiot, and told us new comers have ruined the game and why don't we f* off and go play cod. It does seem unfair, (always seems tobe american people whith very short tempers, don't know why) as I am 100% committed to learn from the people who have been playing a long time.

Ya fin noob go read the manual. I have 3x and no where does it show me friendly and enemy uniforms.. no wonder there is so much ff.

I am a 16AA Arma 3 milsim player so I have the right mindset, just probably not the patience with abusive on comms and in game chat. I will stick with it though.
Last edited by oO Para Oo; 2015-07-11 at 14:57..
Old 2015-07-11, 17:24   #113
[R-DEV]​camo
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

I'm am sorry on behalf of the pr community for those (hopefully few) bad apples. I think stick with the game, it's the best game ever imo. Just ignore the dickheads and find the nice guys.

camo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-13, 11:59   #114
LtHoiz

I just spent several hours in the last 3 day as a shiny in PR and its good to see most of the vet are nice or at least kind enough
I have my headset broken a while ago so I was not using mumble yet ppl were fine enough to let my stay and like wait for me to board the humvee or even man the gun
And I just had a game with guys who were so nice that I can flip around with the UH1 and be a squad leader, teaching me point by point on how to setup FOB
I can remember one of those guys' call madman*
LtHoiz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-14, 14:41   #115
GaL4cT1c

I'm pretty new too (tho i've been playing Operation flashpoint for a long time) and the old players were very kind thus far.
In the case old players bullying new players I think they get really defensive (agrresive) just because they're really afraid of the game experience becoming "BF4like or CODlike". If you want to play this game serious enough and you are mature enough then you woldn't care some guy calling you "fkn noo0b", "idiot" or any other insult, I see it like a sort of "filter".
I agree that the manual lacks some things and the only way to learn them is playing the game. But yeah you will find some people with very low capacity of understanding and that applies to life in general.

Stay safe.-
GaL4cT1c is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-14, 23:56   #116
oO Para Oo

Just wanted to say I have had some very good games and the community has been great so was not tarnishing you all. Now i have the fundamentals in place i am really enjoying it. It is very very confusing for new players. And i learn something every time i play... and teamwork really does enhance your enjoyment of the game if you can get in a good squad.. still love the audio.

Learning and loving it. I am also a squad backer.
oO Para Oo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-18, 19:15   #117
crokojot

Lot of new players and they trying to play game like should....but some people take special kits and dont use mumble...another thing is that there is people that using mumble but...its ti loud and they will speak about every movement that they make and that can be frustrating.
If they are not using mumble or dont try to write or react on any way ,they dont deserve to occupy slot on server..."fkn noo0b" or "idiot" are words that talking something about those people that talks those words....so...just use mumble,follow sq leader and dont use kits just for your fun....you can play against bots for that.
Best quote is "Im dead and i cannot move"....
Last edited by crokojot; 2015-07-18 at 21:08..
Old 2015-08-05, 23:34   #118
Megagoth1702
Supporting Member

Holy shit, I am mad as hell right now. The stories here are just bad. Everybody has a bad day but kicking people from the server because they wear a newb tag ? Disgusting.

All the name calling and kicking is horrible.

New guys, keep fighting, join European servers, be active on forums and ask questions.

I'm not the nicest guy in PR and kick people if they don't communicate at all via voice or chat but these people boy...

Fucking idiots,its the most typical psychological behavior - make someone else look bad to feel better yourself. What a poor way to live. Racists and homophobes apply the same principle and that tells me more about them than about the people they accuse.

Keep it up guys.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Megagoth1702 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-08, 20:40   #119
PolishKruk
Supporting Member

You tell them Megagoth! Even though I must say as a new player my experiences have been pretty damn good.

All you newbs, feel free to join the Polish Inf. Our firing squads are the best!

Everybody fights, no one quits. If you don't do your job I'll kill you myself.
PolishKruk is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-17, 10:35   #120
rontroninho

Quote:
Originally Posted by oO Para Oo View Post
As a new player (been playing for around 3 weeks) I have been called a fkn'Noob' and idiot, and told us new comers have ruined the game and why don't we f* off and go play cod. It does seem unfair, (always seems tobe american people whith very short tempers, don't know why) as I am 100% committed to learn from the people who have been playing a long time.

Ya fin noob go read the manual. I have 3x and no where does it show me friendly and enemy uniforms.. no wonder there is so much ff.

I am a 16AA Arma 3 milsim player so I have the right mindset, just probably not the patience with abusive on comms and in game chat. I will stick with it though.
My experience was sadly the same. You know what, though? F**K 'em ! Keep playing my friend
rontroninho is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
admins, kind, mentors, players, server, veteran