project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
20 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2015-08-19, 11:21   #121
Lt Col Keith
Default Re: To All the Veteran Players and Server Admins, Be Kind to New Players!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rontroninho View Post
My experience was sadly the same. You know what, though? F**K 'em ! Keep playing my friend
As an "ancient" retired army officer; I experienced the same from some gamers when I started gaming. I did, eventually, find a clan that was built on team work and I thoroughly enjoyed my years gaming that clan

As a community, if we want to develop gameplay and team work, we need the more experienced players to help and mentor the less experienced players. Mentoring is not about illiterate swearing or shouting, but about encouragement and learning from mistakes. In the real world armies do this through training, before anyone get's seriously or fatally injured.

We don't have this available in game, so let's treat all games as a training exercise in which mentoring is a key part. Who knows ,we all may experience a truly enjoyable gaming team experience .
Lt Col Keith is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-22, 12:57   #122
jcvjcvjcvjcv
Default Re: To All the Veteran Players and Server Admins, Be Kind to New Players!

I played PR before, but had a 1 year+ break. Now installing is so much easier, kudos!

But ever since the new influx of players it seems all the "experienced" guys on BLUFOR Insurgency are of the "camp" type. They pretty much all say "Defend this", "Hold that", "Let's hold up here", etc. I can't remember I lost so many Insurgency games as blufor 2 years ago.

For the new players, there should be that voice that tells how stuff works, like in regular BF2.

Some time ago I was on a LAN party, bringing in three new players. As uniforms looked completely alike, one of my newbie friends made a teamkill. He got kicked from the squad, teamkilled himself and the cursing on VoIP was ridiculous. Needless to say, all three got a very negative impression of PR.

That's not to mention the ridiculousness of servers kicking players whore ar enot in squad, but at the same time have all squads locked.

Or another idiot thing; admins in locked APC squad, with crew for 2 APC's. They didn't allow anyone else to use the 3rd APC... it was their hotspare...
jcvjcvjcvjcv is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-23, 03:00   #123
aotn

I got kicked several times for being a newbe. Admins are real assh*les.
If anyone can give me eu server with normal ppl how dont rage that would be great otherwise i not playing this sh*t anymore.
aotn is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-26, 10:04   #124
mries
Supporting Member

You probably had bad luck with the squadleader. Make sure you have a good working microphone, let the squadleader know that you are new but eager to learn. Do not take any kit if not asked. Probably the squadleader will accept your newbiness and help you, it is a two way story. You have to be open and listening and the squadleader has to be open and helpful (otherwise he is a bad squadleader IMO).

Last thing, do not join reserved asset squads, stay with infantry for know and dont forget to read the manual!
It will all be worth it to learn this steep learning curve because it is the best game ever.

Good luck

mries is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-04, 13:33   #125
dda

Yes, PR need fresh blood!
dda is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-04, 13:57   #126
iglotruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by aotn View Post
I got kicked several times for being a newbe. Admins are real assh*les.
If anyone can give me eu server with normal ppl how dont rage that would be great otherwise i not playing this sh*t anymore.
It all comes down to how you approach the game as a new player. I have a feeling a lot of new players don't specifically explain they're new, have no idea what they're doing and need help getting started properly. Time and time again we've asked players if they're new to this game, get a short "no" as answer, then realize that the guy has no idea WTF he's doing. If you're not willing to learn people aren't willing to teach, simple as that.
iglotruck is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-04, 18:32   #127
SyriousT

Quote:
Originally Posted by iglotruck View Post
Time and time again we've asked players if they're new to this game, get a short "no" as answer, then realize that the guy has no idea WTF he's doing
I was SL , someone got in my squad my first 2 questions were do you have a mic and are you new to this game. He said yes and no I play for quite a while . I believed him until I ordered him to grab an engineer kit. He said the engineer class is deleted in this "mod" and its only in vbf2 . all my grunts burst in laughter then he admitted hes new but he lied so I dont kick him . He was good member and does what he was asked to do but he had no idea about
PR technique .
SyriousT is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-11, 12:17   #128
Taniko

I must say that I joined the game today, joined APC squad, had so much fun even through it was my first game plus all SLs taught me many things I quess. So all people who have been unfortunate to meet Drill Sergeant SLs, don't worry, you will met many of them, just try to listen to them, that would give you many experience.
Taniko is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-11, 12:48   #129
lucifer666

i will try
lucifer666 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-13, 15:59   #130
Rotblut
Supporting Member

We all have even started to play this game. Patience, we must have. Ultimately we will succeed.
And for the very new player, learn on your lokal server and then come to one of the COOP Servers, like Veterans-Gaming. The admins there are are not so stressed.

Rotblut is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
admins, kind, mentors, players, server, veteran