project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
06 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2009-03-12, 13:12   #11
AnRK
Supporting Member

Default Re: C4 Why Won't you let me Blow Stuff up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure_beef View Post
Oh god, its a game. sneaking in to put C4 on vehicles is a tactic. Im not going to not do it because they wouldn't do it in RL
Might wanna consider finding a different game to play then since that's kinda the point of this one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truism View Post
Consider that a firebase represents an emplacement which serves as a reinforcement point - destroying it is a big deal, I think it's logical that they might. Finding a man to drive the 4x4 would be harder.
The Chechans would for sure.
Chinese probably would.
MEC would.
US probably wouldn't.
GB probably wouldn't.
Russia might.

This is with regards to firebase bombing. I think any military would consider using a 4x4 as a trap if the rewards were substantial enough (armour destroyed, critical objective destroyed, enemy attacking element destroyed).
Your right about it being important, but it's still kinda a silly tactic, anyway just cos China, "MEC" nations, and Russia conduct their militaries in a somewhat harsher manner then the U.S. or UK doesn't mean that they view their kit or personnel as expendable. It might be tactically valuable to take out whatever a firebase would equate to, but wasting a god knows how much it would cost military 4x4 and potentially a few expensively trained soldiers in the process?

Chechens did begin suicide bombing in 2000 though, although it seems like they're less into it then other Muslim resistance groups.
Last edited by AnRK; 2009-03-12 at 13:18..
Old 2009-03-12, 13:18   #12
Spec
Retired Moderator
Supporting Member

As everyone said, the C4 is not supposed to be used that way. It's common in vBF2 to run up to a tank and plant C4 on it, but this is certainly not a realistic tactic. If you want suicide bombing, play insurgent or taliban, they do have that kind of stuff. The C4 of the regular armies, however, is not supposed to be used in that kind of way. If you want to blow something up, such as a bridge, a firebase, or if you want to put it on a road similiar to a mine, then you can still do that.
Spec is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-12, 13:20   #13
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

I don't see the problem tbh, if he has the engineer kit, and no at is around, and he has the chance to sneak in and plant the c4 he can, it just takes a while as it does IRL...

its a tactic with risks and benefits...whats the problem, the current way of doing it is fine.

Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-12, 13:34   #14
Engineer

Well, in limited use yes. But if he faces the problem of C4 not detonating, he is doing it for suicide purposes. If you wait the time it takes to activate and run into cover, that's fine.. If you try to detonate it instantly after planting without really trying to run away from the blast, its a suicide tactic.

I can approve the first one with limited use, but not the second one. And because not everyone has C4 nowadays, I haven't seen any problem behavior lately.
Engineer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-12, 13:43   #15
AnRK
Supporting Member

Yeah I don't see a problem with it directly either, if your in a situation that C4 will get you out of then why not, but C4 isn't an anti-vehicle weapon and shouldn't really be seen as one unless you really need it to be.
AnRK is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-12, 15:04   #16
Truism

A soldier with his training and equipment is far more expensive than a military 4x4, not to mention that his death is pretty much guaranteed to add to a shitstorm on the home front. If planting on a 4x4 had the potential to prevent even a handful of deaths down the line it would be worth it almost automatically from an economic standpoint.

Whether you're from the US or Russia, that fact remains the same.
Truism is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-12, 15:23   #17
Tannhauser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truism View Post
The Chechans would for sure.
Chinese probably would.
MEC would.
US probably wouldn't.
GB probably wouldn't.
Russia might.
Funny how anyone not in NATO would...

So... MEC would waste a GAZ-Vodnik with a powerfull cannon on top of it, just to blow up a fortified position?
So... PLA would waste a VN3 with the same powerfull gear, for the same reason?
So... Russian would sacrifice a BRDM or a Vodnik that could also be used even more efficiently against said FB, for that?...

Right.
Then i'll suicide charge FBs with a HMMWV then, it seems if they can sacrifice an even more armored VN3, it's not wrong to sacrifice a billion+ worth asset
Tannhauser is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-12, 15:50   #18
Pure_beef

IT was not for suicide, if you had read my post you would of seen that I was running away from the apc once I had planted it, I got behind cover and detonated. Nothing happened
Pure_beef is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-12, 16:30   #19
Spec
Retired Moderator
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure_beef View Post
IT was not for suicide, if you had read my post you would of seen that I was running away from the apc once I had planted it, I got behind cover and detonated. Nothing happened
Something would've happened if you'd have waited a few more seconds. This is the only known way to fix the suicide problem.

Additionally, I'm not a fan of the planting-c4-on-fully-manned-vehicles stuff either. That's just a bit Vanilla imo.
Spec is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-12, 16:32   #20
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Additionally, I'm not a fan of the planting-c4-on-fully-manned-vehicles stuff either. That's just a bit Vanilla imo.
a reason to fully man vehicles in PR....more likely to catch the guys who take advantage of ur vulnerabilities

Rudd is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
blow, stuff