project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
22 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2009-03-12, 09:44   #1
Pure_beef
Angry C4 Why Won't you let me Blow Stuff up

I'm bleeding out, I shoot an MEC guy as he tries to lay a mine for our apc, i grab his kit in the hope of a bandage, none left. Sniper tells us there is an apc heading our way, well im gonna bleed out so i may as well try and nail this apc. I have C4, i run up to apc, plant C4 on apc's side, run away, click detonator.....click detonator....turn around check apc, apc is still there...click detonator...still no explosion....WHAT THE FUCK

Now this is not a one off, every time i have ever tried to wack a C4 on a vehicle or by a vehicle then leg it to try and blow it up, i click and nothing happens.

Am i missing something here? Is every 1 out 3 C4's a dud? do I have to wait for the radio signals from the detonator to reach the C4? Please enlighten me on this...
Pure_beef is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-12, 09:47   #2
AfterDune
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: C4 Why Won't you let me Blow Stuff up

You have to wait about 5 seconds before you can detonate C4. You sure you waited that long?

AfterDune is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-12, 09:50   #3
Chuc
Retired PR Developer

The audio cue, which is the "beepbeepbeep" is a rough indication that the C4 is armed. Ideally you'd detonate a few seconds after, just to be safe.

Personal Folio - http://www.studioash.net
Chuc is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-12, 09:50   #4
ballard_44
Retired PR Developer

From the manual...

Quote:
C4 is much stronger now and affects a larger radius. It takes 5 seconds
to arm after placing. A sound will indicate when the C4 is armed.
ballard_44 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-12, 10:47   #5
Engineer

One solution could be forgetting about putting C4 on the side of the vehicles, though in vanilla BF2 it is common practice... Even though you were in "nothing to lose" situation, you said "Now this is not a one off" which means you are trying to play the game wrong way.

As far as I know, the delay was implemented to prevent such actions / suicide maneuvers from happening. In reality you would probably value your life, instead of doing this one last suicide run and get returned in coffin.
Engineer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-12, 11:17   #6
Truism

There's nothing wrong with placing C4 on a vehicle, as long as you don't intend to use it as a suicide car and ram the other dude before setting it off.

I have no problems with using a vehicle or vehicle corpse to hide a C4 or lure enemies into it. In some situations I even advocate using it as a firebase destruction mechanism, where the bomb car is driven up to the FB, then the driver gets to cover while the engi, some distance away, blows it.
Truism is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-12, 11:18   #7
AnRK
Supporting Member

Does C4 blow vehicles up now? I know it wasn't capable of it when it was in the spec ops kit's hands, has it been made more potent for the combat engineer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truism View Post
There's nothing wrong with placing C4 on a vehicle, as long as you don't intend to use it as a suicide car and ram the other dude before setting it off.

I have no problems with using a vehicle or vehicle corpse to hide a C4 or lure enemies into it. In some situations I even advocate using it as a firebase destruction mechanism, where the bomb car is driven up to the FB, then the driver gets to cover while the engi, some distance away, blows it.
Sorry to be boring, but how many conventional militaries would blow an expensive 4x4 up for something like that?
AnRK is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-12, 12:38   #8
Truism

Consider that a firebase represents an emplacement which serves as a reinforcement point - destroying it is a big deal, I think it's logical that they might. Finding a man to drive the 4x4 would be harder.
The Chechans would for sure.
Chinese probably would.
MEC would.
US probably wouldn't.
GB probably wouldn't.
Russia might.

This is with regards to firebase bombing. I think any military would consider using a 4x4 as a trap if the rewards were substantial enough (armour destroyed, critical objective destroyed, enemy attacking element destroyed).
Truism is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-12, 13:10   #9
Pure_beef

Oh god, its a game. sneaking in to put C4 on vehicles is a tactic. Im not going to not do it because they wouldn't do it in RL
Pure_beef is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-12, 13:12   #10
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

OGT, C4 in the tunnel or the road out of Chi main is just hilarious

running through the forest chased by angry chinamen...priceless.

I mean...you can use it on vehicles etc...you can't just toss it on and run and blow immediately thats all, gotta get to a safe distance and check no1 is gonna get hurt from ur side, thats the true purpose of the 5 sec delay.

There is a bug that you accidentally click twice, which renders the c4 useless. but if it wasn't for the delay you'd blow everyone up around you...

Rudd is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
blow, stuff