project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
20 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2005-11-20, 17:01   #11
GRB

People abusing the Grenade launcher on the assault rifles is something that can only be limited by a few factors. One thing must always be kept in mind. You cannot force people to NOT use a weapon they prefer.

1. You can increase the damage radius of the grenade to promote more realistic use of the weapon. (already done)

2. You can limit the ammunition given to the grenade launcher.(could be done, but with support and supply crates, is there a point to that?)

3. It could be made less accurate. (never been done, why not suggest it?)

Basically you cannot stop the use of the weapon. It's just another weapon. If people get skilled at using it, so be it. Adapt and overcome. Get them first!

I play BF2 a lot. I get killed by the nade launcher quite a bit. But it doesnt bother me because when you take into account of the amount of other things that you get killed by, the nade launcher is the least of my worries!

How many bullets do you think are used in one match alone? How many Tank shells have you eaten? How many Thrown grenades have you eaten? How many .50 caliber sniper bullets have you eaten? The list goes on. I can personally gaurentee that you have been killed by WAY more bullets than you have grenade launchers. Are we going to complain about too many people spraying bullets everywhere?

There is only so much that can be done. Removing the weapon would be unrealistic. Project Reality being based on a realistic experience would be put to shame for removing the grenade launcher. So that is out of the question.

Brainstorm, come up with a solution, suggest it to the community and lets see what we can come up with. Complaining about it only goes so far.
GRB is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-11-20, 19:07   #12
RiflesAtRecess

I think the refilling ammo with the other kits is a great idea

but I'd also like to defend the 'nade launcher, I know a lot of people abuse it making it the n00b t00b, which has been discussed enough as it is, but I like to use the M203/GP-30/GP-25, in the right situations it makes for a great weapon

-group of enemies that don't see you, at a distance, and they're all grouped together, 'nade launcher 'em

-see an unarmored enemy vehicle completely full of people that you'd like to see no longer exist, 'nade launcher 'em

-see an armored vehicle and you just want to try to do some damage (do grenades hurt tanks and apc's in this mod?) and help out your team, 'nade launcher 'em

and I know that the grenade launcher can be replaced by SRAW/ERYX for the last two, but do you get a great rifle along with those?

using the grenade launcher in the right situations gives you some decent anti-vehicle ability and great anti-infantry ability as well because of having that rifle

though I won't deny it, some situations I'd rather have a hand grenade than a M203
RiflesAtRecess is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-11-20, 19:33   #13
dawdler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiflesAtRecess
-see an armored vehicle and you just want to try to do some damage (do grenades hurt tanks and apc's in this mod?) and help out your team, 'nade launcher 'em

and I know that the grenade launcher can be replaced by SRAW/ERYX for the last two, but do you get a great rifle along with those?
The grenade launcher is pretty darn worthless against armoured target.

So ignoring the topic at hand, I might as well make another comment on the sub-topic: The assault doesnt have any other weapons than a rifle and a grenade launcher. Its no worse than a Spec Op carrying a rifle, C4 AND grenades. Why do they even have the grenades? Or the medic... He can shoot, revive AND heal... AND HE HAS GRENADES!!! Why does he have grenades?

To make the classes interesting to play, that's why. And that's why the assault got a grenade launcher. It doesnt matter at what range it kills, how it kills or whether he's bunnyhopping or not.

Or maybe he should only get that single cannister of gas... Yeah, that's a real laugh in combat. He just need a sling so we can toss it further onto people and vehicles

"OMG CAPTAIN, WE'RE BEING FIRED UPON!"
*PLONK*PSSSSSSSSSSS
*KLONK*PSSSSSSSSSS
*DUNK*PSSSSSSSSSSS
"MEDIC! I'M HIT!!!
*runs around spreading smoke from a cannister that fell inside the pants*
Last edited by dawdler; 2005-11-20 at 19:36..
Old 2005-11-21, 01:06   #14
billclo

I was just using the M203/Assault guy as an example. The original post even says "example". It's just as applicable to the AT guy, or any other class.

For the record, I only use the Assault class occasionally. I prefer AT or Spec Ops...
Last edited by billclo; 2005-11-21 at 01:09..
Old 2005-11-21, 01:07   #15
billclo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enforcer1975
Looks like you are a noob tube user...?? I would try the rifle instead of using the nader as a main weapon.

Nobody runs out of 40mm so fast...
You presume far too much, as I said, I rarely use Assault class.
billclo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-11-21, 16:25   #16
Wolfmaster
Retired PR Developer

yes, you are right, but i do believe that was pointed out in some looong posts on the first page...

and i also believe one of mine said end of discussion.

Wolfmaster is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
ground, kits, resupply, switching weapons