project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
20 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2005-11-20, 13:40   #1
billclo
Default Is it possible to resupply from kits on ground without "switching weapons"?

I'm wondering if it's possible to change things so that one can resupply ammo from kits on the ground, without switching to that kit?

Example: you're assault class, low on M203s, want to resupply, but no support class is around. You come across an assault class kit on the ground, your nationality, but when you switch, you find that while it has a couple M203s left, it has very little rifle ammo left. So you either deal with it, or switch back to your original kit and hope for a better one.

It'd be much nicer if when you come up to a kit, you can press a seperate key to just resupply from said kit, til it runs out or you're full up. You should still be able to press "G" and swap kits if you wanted to though.

Obviously you can only resupply from a kit of the same nationality and ammo type. Assault could resupply rifle ammo from spec ops, medic, other assault. And so on.

Feasible? Likely?
billclo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-11-20, 13:46   #2
dawdler

What about... uhm... asking for a supply drop?
dawdler is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-11-20, 13:51   #3
Enforcer1975

Quote:
Originally Posted by billclo
Example: you're assault class, low on M203s, want to resupply, but no support class is around. You come across an assault class kit on the ground, your nationality, but when you switch, you find that while it has a couple M203s left, it has very little rifle ammo left. So you either deal with it, or switch back to your original kit and hope for a better one.
Looks like you are a noob tube user...?? I would try the rifle instead of using the nader as a main weapon.

Nobody runs out of 40mm so fast...
Enforcer1975 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-11-20, 14:09   #4
Wolfmaster
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enforcer1975
Looks like you are a noob tube user...?? I would try the rifle instead of using the nader as a main weapon.
everyone is a noob tuber at times. the fact that you use it doesn't mean you use it as your only weapon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawdler
What about... uhm... asking for a supply drop?
the commander could be busy, or you could be too busy fighting to stick around and wait for the drop, or there might be somewhere else where it's needed more.

@ original poster, sounds like a very good idea if it's possible. it's pretty annoying if you pick up a kit to resupply and it turns out to have less ammo than your previous kit, and this would be a good solution for that.

Last edited by Wolfmaster; 2005-11-20 at 14:12..
Old 2005-11-20, 14:21   #5
Enforcer1975

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-PUB]Wolfmaster
everyone is a noob tuber at times. the fact that you use it doesn't mean you use it as your only weapon.
You do play BF a bit more than 5 minutes a day, do you??

On every round i play ( i play city maps very often ) there are at least 3 or 4 players who only use this weapon. Doesnt care if they die > new gun new fun. It's just annoying.

The only fun my mates have with them is when they don't kill me or my squadmates instantly and they try dodging by hopping around, usually getting shot... ( i don't think somebody can evade 4 guns )
Old 2005-11-20, 14:26   #6
Wolfmaster
Retired PR Developer

yes, i do play battlefield 2 more than 5 min a day. well, most of the time i do. i also know that noobtubers are abundent and everywhere. but since there is no way you can deduce from his post that he uses it as a main weapon instead of using the rifle, you shouldn't make that assumption.

i use the m203 myself sometimes. especially at long range at groups of enemies. i have actually gotten quite good at it. but i'm not a noobtuber. i make use of the weapon when it is realistic and useful to do so. i don't spam nades everwhere.

the fact that many people do ABUSE it, doesn't mean everyone who USES the m203 is a nade spammer.

EDIT: anyway, back on topic now please.

Last edited by Wolfmaster; 2005-11-20 at 14:38..
Old 2005-11-20, 14:30   #7
Enforcer1975

Everybody who usese the tube in narrow streets more than 3 times or engages the enemy in touch range with the tube and killing himself is one. ( sorry, my opinion )

I always see the same names in the kill messages with the same weapons during the whole map.

And why is M203 abusing not nade spamming?
Old 2005-11-20, 14:35   #8
Wolfmaster
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Everybody who usese the tube in narrow streets more than 3 times or engages the enemy in touch range with the tube and killing himself is one. ( sorry, my opinion )

I always see the same names in the kill messages with the same weapons during the whole map.
sigh, i agree that people who do that are noob tubers i was stating there was neither need or reason to assume he uses the m203 in those situations. it is very possible to use all your m203 nades without being a noob tuber.

Quote:
And why is M203 abusing not nade spamming?
i didn't say that. please read again. the point of the sentence you're referring to is that not all USERS are ABUSERS.

end of discussion

now, if we could all get back on topic please?

Last edited by Wolfmaster; 2005-11-20 at 15:03..
Old 2005-11-20, 15:46   #9
dawdler

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-PUB]Wolfmaster
now, if we could all get back on topic please?
After reading all that I forgot what the topic was

Anyway, not even the relatively few M/GP grenades you have should warrant any additional way to get ammo. There is plenty on the battlefield, its as simple as that.

You can get it from supply crates (friendly and enemy), you can get it from thrown ammo bags (freindly and enemy), you can get it from your supply troopers and you can get it from any kit laying on the ground.

Still running out of ammo? Tough luck. Its a battlefield, you have to shoot people. A number will always drop to 0 sooner or later if it count down from a positive start.
dawdler is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-11-20, 16:10   #10
Noetheinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by billclo
I'm wondering if it's possible to change things so that one can resupply ammo from kits on the ground, without switching to that kit?

It'd be much nicer if when you come up to a kit, you can press a seperate key to just resupply from said kit, til it runs out or you're full up. You should still be able to press "G" and swap kits if you wanted to though.

Obviously you can only resupply from a kit of the same nationality and ammo type. Assault could resupply rifle ammo from spec ops, medic, other assault. And so on.

Feasible? Likely?
I like your train of thought. I wonder if it'd be like resuplying from a supply crate, only they'd have to have the same ammo as you to be able to use it. It stinks that the game don't have ammo specific resupplies already in it. I know that it's done in just aboutevery other shooter, you run over a dropped gun of the same type ammo, and you get that ammo. So it can be done, but I agree with you that you should have to stop to resupply from a dropped kit.
Noetheinner is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
ground, kits, resupply, switching weapons