project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions
21 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Community Factions Discussion on PR:BF2 community factions.

Old 2019-01-09, 20:59   #11
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

Default Re: MEC alternative weapons loadout

Kashan and Bijar are places in Iran, Shahadah is supposed to be Iraq.

Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-10, 00:01   #12
VTRaptor

I haven't verified that, as Israelis or US fighting ground war on Iranian soil would be too fictional for that fiction. By the faction and terrain on Bijar i was thinking it was something-Golan Heights and Kashan with its weapon bunkers(c h e m i c a l w e a p o n s) burning oil rigs and open desert resembled invasion of Iraq.

But that is off the topic.

What is interesting about HK33 is that it uses 5.56 and aside single and full auto modes, it can also feature 3-round burst(though i doubt anyone would use it, would be interesting to see us vs mec both having only burst mode nontheless). Also the variation of magazines being used (25, 30 and 40) is a good thing for having different loadouds, supported by the fact it's a fictional faction. It can also be westernized and have that modern look w/some new fancy scope and we're good to go, MEC army: evolution.
VTRaptor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-10, 03:45   #13
InchPincherToo

"And there's HK33 which is evolution of G3 and could fit if we want to consider the fact, that MEC isn't stuck in the 90's, then HK33, Kh2002 or Fateh which is a big question are the best options."

This is really the gold here, i think KH-2002 is been told few years ago from someone here in the community modding forum, the thread must be long dead by now. HK33? Personally agree with VTRaptor here, 5.56mm is probably the best to balance gameplay, if it exist though...

Not sure about Fateh rifle here, seems too modern and young to be in PR universe..

Aside from ALT kits without G3's, maybe we can change the AR kit as well, like HK21 series (a G3-based AR/machine gun). MG3 should stay in Machine Gunner kit, with the scoped/iron sight variations there.

For those who doesn't know:

- HK11E: An IAR version chambered in 7.62x51mm NATO, magazine fed

- HK13E: An IAR version chambered in 5.56x45mm NATO, magazine fed

- HK21E: A GPMG version chambered in 7.62x51mm NATO, belt-fed w/h box/drum

- HK23E: A LMG version chambered in 5.56x45mm NATO, belt-fed w/h box/drum

Just ideas though, all above are in E since it's latest one available. I would say the HK23E would fit the AR kit IMO (like on Euro Force of vBF2)

- Inch
Last edited by InchPincherToo; 2019-01-10 at 11:21..
Old 2019-01-11, 01:31   #14
X-Alt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlawz7 View Post
This basically.
Well, your team introduced green uniforms for Sbeneh MEC but the reason for never adding AKs to complete the look was because it would supposedly defeat the purpose of the real SAA. Now it's been 3 years since that change and they're still not here, just change the kits already.
Last edited by X-Alt; 2019-01-11 at 01:38..
Old 2019-01-17, 12:04   #15
Pronck
Supporting Member

I always had this idea of creating 3 MEC sub-factions, much like the US have their Army and Marines.

So for example you have three sub-factions:

MEC Army
MEC Marine Corps
MEC Republican Guard

You outfit the army with a bunch of AK type of weapons to be uses on maps like Sbeneh, Gaza and Burning Sands. Outfitted like some conscript army.

The Marine Corps will be outfitted like the MEC faction now. Using mostly amphibious vehicles. Having slightly altered uniforms.

The Republican Guard will be using the most fancy stuff that is being used in the Middle East nowadays.

Of course these are just thoughts. Just thought of sharing them with everyone.

We are staying up!
Pronck is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-18, 21:03   #16
[R-CON]​Fastjack
PR:BF2 Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pronck View Post
I always had this idea of creating 3 MEC sub-factions, much like the US have their Army and Marines.

So for example you have three sub-factions:

MEC Army
MEC Marine Corps
MEC Republican Guard

You outfit the army with a bunch of AK type of weapons to be uses on maps like Sbeneh, Gaza and Burning Sands. Outfitted like some conscript army.

The Marine Corps will be outfitted like the MEC faction now. Using mostly amphibious vehicles. Having slightly altered uniforms.

The Republican Guard will be using the most fancy stuff that is being used in the Middle East nowadays.

Of course these are just thoughts. Just thought of sharing them with everyone.
I like this. +1
Fastjack is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-19, 22:47   #17
PatrickLA_CA
Supporting Member

Indeed, it is a suggestion that shouldn't require all that much work and will bring some more variables into the game. Hopefully I can get some time to finish my Panther G so I can make a Karrar MBT for the MEC Republican Guard outfit.

In-game: Cobra-PR
PatrickLA_CA is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-31, 14:00   #18
Chernobog95

MEC is no longer fictional, sort of if you look at Yemeni civil war and Suadi intervention along with their allies which are now coalition backing government forces against the opposition.
Chernobog95 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-06, 01:01   #19
OrangeFr3ak

Although the MEC in PR seems to be inspired by Iran, Iraq and Syria more than Saudi Arabia and the other Gulf States such as UAE, Qatar, Bahrain and Oman.
OrangeFr3ak is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-07, 11:44   #20
Chernobog95

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeFr3ak View Post
Although the MEC in PR seems to be inspired by Iran, Iraq and Syria more than Saudi Arabia and the other Gulf States such as UAE, Qatar, Bahrain and Oman.
MEC's language is Arabic, right? Iran isn't Arabic nor is Syrian, don't think Iraqi's either.

Its stupid that MEC is all G3 when no AR's and or AK's.
Chernobog95 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
alternative, loadout, mec, weapons