project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Community Factions Discussion on PR:BF2 community factions.

Old 2019-01-08, 06:54   #1
waldov

Lightbulb MEC alternative weapons loadout

I'm going too say it, MEC could really do with an alternate, more AK/Soviet orientated infantry load-out. They already have the woodland camo but fighting out the Syrian civil war with scoped G3's and MG3's galore just feels really immersion breaking. Don't get me wrong either im not demanding it, I'll be willing to make the changes myself with a bit of guidance in the right direction (I've changed kit load-outs in BF2 waaay back before if that helps).

An alternate MEC loadout could also offer a fresh change for a number of current maps, namely ones where replacing the scoped G3 wouldn't be balance altering too much or where the MEC is meant to represent more second line type units.
Off the top of my head: Gaza AAS ALT (urban and close), Asad Khal AAS ALT (another tight close range map), Bijar canyons AAS (theres no scopes anyway), Jabal al Burj AAS ALT (in place of FSA). It could also give a more suitable variation for those daring enough to use the MEC as an Insurgent/Asymmetric opponent.

So what steps do I need to make to get this happening, or is there a legitimate reason why I shouldn't? Just too clarify im just talking about giving the MEC alternative equipment loadouts of weapons that already exist in game, nothing far fetched or overly optimistic before I get shot down for another "what if" faction pipe dream.

waldov is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-08, 17:36   #2
Heavy Death
Default Re: MEC alternative weapons loadout

They are fictional. There is no MEC irl. So the immersion break therealready, and they could have any rifle. But a unscoped variant of the factiion like there is marines and us army unscoped would be epic.
Heavy Death is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-08, 17:58   #3
[R-DEV]Suchar
PR:BF2 QA Lead
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Added ironsight variants of MEC and IDF factions for usage on maps where they face one another.
1.5.0.0 Update

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/uploads/signatures/sigpic98978_4.gif
Suchar is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-08, 18:05   #4
[R-CON]​Frontliner
PR:BF2 Contributor

I was theorycrafting in my head a bit, and while I overall like the proposal of a MEC sub-faction, I heavily, heavily despise giving yet another faction AKs. While it maybe more realistic overall, we already do have a faction that uses Russian vehicles in conjection with Russian small arms. Actually, we have two that do. I don't see the point in doing this, there really isn't one.

I thus propose an alternative: Looking at it, is basically "outdated" German small arms in conjunction with Russian vehicles. Why update the small arms portion to a more modern loadout of NATO rifles, which are better suited for CQB than the G3 would be and leave the vehicles Russian?

VTRaptor: but i only stopped for less than 10 secs and that fucking awesome dude put 2 of them
]CIA[ SwampFox: well my definition of glitching is using an enemy kit to kill the enemy
Just_Dave: i have a list about PR players, and they r categorized by their skill
Para: You sir are an arse and not what the game or our community needs.
AlonTavor: Is that a German trying to make me concentrate?
Heavy Death: join PRTA instead - Teamwork is a must there.
Frontliner is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-09, 00:29   #5
[R-DEV]​camo
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

There is the Syrian army in the pipeline that is intended for these Syrian maps. They will have an assortment of ak rifles instead of the g3.
https://www.realitymod.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=127720

camo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-09, 06:23   #6
waldov

Quote:
Originally Posted by SucharMistrz View Post
I already know that, the idea was to spice the MEC up from just having to stick with G3's and MG3's, only in a few maps anyway. Mec is probably the most played conventional OPFOR faction next too the Russians in so any variation is a godsend in my book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camo View Post
There is the Syrian army in the pipeline that is intended for these Syrian maps. They will have an assortment of ak rifles instead of the g3.
https://www.realitymod.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=127720
That sounds awesome but this was over 4 years ago, is their actually any confirmation thats actually happening?
waldov is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-09, 09:36   #7
sweedensniiperr
Supporting Member

I'm all up for alternate weapons but WHY THE AKS? Use something more fun instead

sweedensniiperr is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-09, 13:24   #8
SShadowFox

Quote:
Originally Posted by waldov View Post
That sounds awesome but this was over 4 years ago, is their actually any confirmation thats actually happening?
The way this works is that it's going to happen unless they confirm it isn't. So for all intents and purposes, the SAA faction is still coming eventually.
SShadowFox is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-09, 13:58   #9
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SShadowFox View Post
The way this works is that it's going to happen unless they confirm it isn't. So for all intents and purposes, the SAA faction is still coming eventually.
This basically.

Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-09, 14:48   #10
VTRaptor

I actually like G3 (and MG3) and want them to stay, though I see many people complaining about them. If anything needs a change, it could be the scope with possible back up sights. Could also try HK33 because it's pretty similiar.

Anyway, there's not many good alternatives for that weapon. Middle East Coalition is a fictional faction and is supposedly made of only arab and/or muslim nations. Currently the countries considered as MEC members are Iraq (maps like Kashan, Khami), Syria(Sbeneh, Bijar(?)) Afghanistan(Shahadah, Bamyan) and Iran (because of US tensions, common vehicles and weapons). But if we treat whole middle east countries as one, united military coalition, then it could also be Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Kuwait, Jordan, Yemen, Oman, Lebanon and even Pakistan and Egypt. (plus free palestine eggz dee)

With these countries included there are still only few alternatives - that being not AK or AR. So, there are few weapons in use in larger quantities that are somewhat different.

Oman uses INSAS, but oman is a small +only they use that rifle in that area.
Saudi Arabian army uses Steyr Aug as their main rifle and national guard recieved 55000 FN F2000
Kh2002 or Fateh rifle, though not in use, but could be primary weapon for whole MEC since it is fictional anyways and Iran is now connsidered the biggest boogeyman of the middle east
And there's HK33 which is evolution of G3 and could fit if we want to consider the fact, that MEC isn't stuck in the 90's, then HK33, Kh2002 or Fateh which is a big question are the best options.

That being said, G3 is still amongst most popular guns there such as AK and AR. IMO MEC is just a good placeholder faction for maps meant for possible future middle east factions and since it's fictional - sticking to real life counterpart is weird goal to say the least. What is also an option is making few different loadouds featuring different weapons, but sticking to current uniforms and vehicles. But if i follow the mood correctly - there's demand for something else than AK and M16/M4, so there has to be some flexibility in that regard.
VTRaptor is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
alternative, loadout, mec, weapons