project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
19 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2007-05-12, 07:51   #11
ArmedDrunk&Angry
Banned

hyperboles
I specialize in those

But a limited kit for the spawn car or even just a non C- 4 kit would go a long way to preserving the car.
ArmedDrunk&Angry is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-12, 08:07   #12
L3adCannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wattershed
I just stop playing one of my worst Al basrah rounds ever. I was in the insurgent team and there where 2 idiots who persisted in destroying all the spawncars (jihad style). This made me come up with an idea!

Why dont we have spawncars to only be driven by war veterans and squadleader/specops kits (or just some kit without any IED or C4)! All the other kits wont budge the car and you will die after siting there for 10 secs, just like the tanks and aircraft. This will make the spawncars less misused.

I chose War veteran and Specops because the spawning in the cars are a metaphor for the leaders to choose point of attack and such. And Spec ops represent leaders and veterans have the know-how.
Where the ins team screaming ALLAH AKBAR nd stuff like that on teamtalk, voip?
If yes, I was there. My squadleader, Kb_mor or something like that, was the one who used spawncars as jihad cars. Yes, It was a annoying not to able to spawn but fun as hell. You should have heared the chanting on our voip.
some of the best moments I`ve had on Basrah.
L3adCannon is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-12, 08:27   #13
arthuro12

what about only Civ's can drive it...
arthuro12 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-12, 08:50   #14
KingLorre

on TG there was this squad that called it self suicide... they pasted C4 on all the spawn cars and drove em into battle! GOSH THAT SUCKED!
KingLorre is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-12, 09:11   #15
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZanderArch
I know, an IQ test as a password in the installer for Project Reality!
Thumbs up..

Seriously, add this to the 0.6 installer..just a simple IQ quiz, see how many smacktards will solve it...

Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-12, 09:13   #16
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by arthuro12
what about only Civ's can drive it...
And remove the second position from the spawn car...that would work...but then the USMC/GB would get punished for destroying spawn cars

Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-12, 10:50   #17
Engineer

Best cure is to have dedicated driver, though there is always someone who knows better.

Few days ago I spent my whole round driving the spawn car around, and making it be safe... Then some Mongolian dudes friend started to whine about it, cant remember name though...

Anyway, too bad I made the mistake to get out and fix the damage, this is when the other dude took the car and drove it to rats ass. It was last minute of the game though, so not much damage done.

So, if you want your spawn cars to survive through the round, take the seat, and even how badly it is damaged dont fix it, some smacktard will steal it anyway
Engineer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-12, 11:29   #18
.:iGi:.BLACKWIRE
Banned

I think that the spawn cars should have limited fuel and thus cutting down the distance smacktards can drive them
.:iGi:.BLACKWIRE is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-12, 11:30   #19
eddie
The [R-MOD]s' Poodle

Personally I'd just restrict the player from using any C4/IED class for 5-10 minutes if they've jihaded a spawn car.
Waiting for the hardcoded crap.
eddie is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-12, 11:36   #20
MrD
Supporting Member

There is a feature in place for the next build that will lessen some of the this sort of behaviour. Don't ask what it is, don't sit here and speculate, just know that it will lessen smacktards high on whatever constantly spawning and wasting spawn cars for fun.

Can't stop them driving the vehicles into the middle of enemy or leaving it stranded where the enemy can shoot it though.

Servers that aren't being admined do need to have vote kicking on though really imo, so the rest of the side can remove them from the server. Maybe TBs 24/7 al basrah needs more euro evening admin time!

[R-MOD]Mongolian Dude:
AH man, sarcasm is so hard to get across the web, even if we are both british
[R-DEV]Jaymz: That has to be...the most epic response to a welcome thread I have ever seen. [R-CON]Mr.D ladies and gentlemen!
MrD is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
cure, smacktard, spawncar