project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
08 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2007-05-12, 00:45   #1
Wattershed

Default Spawncar smacktard Cure!

I just stop playing one of my worst Al basrah rounds ever. I was in the insurgent team and there where 2 idiots who persisted in destroying all the spawncars (jihad style). This made me come up with an idea!

Why dont we have spawncars to only be driven by war veterans and squadleader/specops kits (or just some kit without any IED or C4)! All the other kits wont budge the car and you will die after siting there for 10 secs, just like the tanks and aircraft. This will make the spawncars less misused.

I chose War veteran and Specops because the spawning in the cars are a metaphor for the leaders to choose point of attack and such. And Spec ops represent leaders and veterans have the know-how.
Wattershed is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-12, 01:02   #2
DavidP
Banned

That would rock! But alot of people on basrah spawn as insurgent and it would be better if you get a penalty for destroying a spawn car(Maybe 20 negative points?) Also some people have a hard time designating the spawn car from jihad car(Too stupid to look in the back seat i presume) So i think they should make it a different color like red or something.
DavidP is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-12, 01:05   #3
Wattershed

Quote:
Originally Posted by David.Podedworny
That would rock! But alot of people on basrah spawn as insurgent and it would be better if you get a penalty for destroying a spawn car(Maybe 20 negative points?) Also some people have a hard time designating the spawn car from jihad car(Too stupid to look in the back seat i presume) So i think they should make it a different color like red or something.
You already get a hefty point penalty for destroying a spawncar. But that dont help one bit. Maybe one minute respawn extra time?
Wattershed is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-12, 01:15   #4
DavidP
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wattershed
You already get a hefty point penalty for destroying a spawncar. But that dont help one bit. Maybe one minute respawn extra time?
That would be good too i just dont know how they can implement it without screwing up the other spawn times?
DavidP is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-12, 01:16   #5
DirtyHarry88

What pisses me off is when Facility is gone and Mosque is going/gone and there's a whole squad up at north bridge, along with 'their' spawn car (despite there only being a couple left in the city, where they're needed), doing effectively nothing for the team.

Not looking at anyone in particular *cough Mr.D*
DirtyHarry88 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-12, 01:36   #6
3===SPECTER===3

Its a great idea but lets say idiot1 is a war vet, and idiot2 is an insurgent. idiot1 and two get mad cuz they cant get juhad car, so they team up and while idiot1 drives, idiot two sits in the moon roof and blows the charge.
3===SPECTER===3 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-12, 01:47   #7
Blackhawk 5

Make it bad ticket bleed to destroy every spawn car. And if other kits than mentioned goes in and cant drive what can happen?

**QM* You need the "......" kit to be able to drive in this vehicle" just like when spawning in APC on seat 1 or 2. >???

And mentioned above if someone drive 2nd seat detonates?
Blackhawk 5 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-12, 01:50   #8
youm0nt

Everything is about metaphors in this mod... Where are the similes, personification, and hyperboles? Anyway, it's probably to late to implement that idea for 0.6, isn't it?
youm0nt is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-12, 02:16   #9
[T]Terranova7

I think a better idea would be to utilize the kit request system, and maybe have some sort of "driver kit" for the Insurgents. You can request it right next to the spawn car, but this way there would be less "noobs" driving it around. For reality purposes we can say the driver kit is the guy with the keys or something
[T]Terranova7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-12, 03:48   #10
ZanderArch

I'd suggest making it so using a spawn car to Jihad should cause your mouse your short out and shock you. And every time you do it, the amperage doubles so after four times, your mouse starts to kill you. That'd solve it!
But, too bad I don't think the BF2 engine can handle it, hard coded not to let that happen, right?

I know, an IQ test as a password in the installer for Project Reality!

"I'm not saying stupidity should be a crime, but lets take the warning and safety labels off stuff and let the problem solve it self."
ZanderArch is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
cure, smacktard, spawncar