project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
23 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-02, 02:48   #11
ReadMenace
Default Re: Just a few things I thought of while trying to focus in class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
1. Different kits for the pilots. Like, one is a chopper pilot kit with ACU and the other is a plane kit with ABU (Airman Battle Uniform...For the Air Force) and a oxygen mask for the U.S. Army, the chopper pilot carrying an M4 and the plane carrying an M9 or unarmed. And All other teams would be just, what ever they are.
"Kits" "Kit Geometries" and "Player Models" are three different things subject to their own rules.

"KITS" are the specific equipment load-out (Guns, gear, etc.) that is available to any one class in BF2. Kits may be requestable, or spawnable.

"Kit Geometries" are the visual gear that you see on another player in-game. This includes but is not limited to prosthetic sex organs, ammo pouches and helmets. A single kit geometry can be associated with any number of kits, or can be dependent on vehicle positions (See Blackhawk Gunners.) Kit geometry can change as a player changes vehicle-positions or kits.

"Player Models" are the representations of human beings we see in-game. The player model assigned to a particular player is determined by the kit they choose to spawn with. A particular player model may be used for multiple spawnable kits with various textures to create the impression of more individuality between soldiers. What player models cannot do is change with a kit. Without having a spawnable 'pilot' kit, we cannot have a specific pilot texture.

I hope this clears things up a bit.

-REad
Old 2009-10-02, 03:39   #12
Supporting Member

1. Different kits for the pilots. Like, one is a chopper pilot kit with ACU and the other is a plane kit with ABU (Airman Battle Uniform...For the Air Force) and a oxygen mask for the U.S. Army, the chopper pilot carrying an M4 and the plane carrying an M9 or unarmed. And All other teams would be just, what ever they are.
I believe they are doing something to this or it is already being discussed.

2. Cargo Helicopters that carry more troops and/or drop crates.
8 is the max amount of troops any vehicle can carry due to hardcodiness

3. Removing civilians from insurgency, and just making them doctors or something. No penalties for killing them.
I don't get it. Be more specific. Are you saying that the BluFor is ALLOWED to shoot DOCTORS?

4. Gang mode: Essentially insurgency but takes place for the bluefore domestically. Ie: NYPD vs Gang. Looking for drug caches or something. (Partially ASS)
LMFAO

5. North Korean campaign, U.S. vs Russia maps, and UK vs China/Russia maps
Takes a lot of work to make a map/faction

6. Diving on grenades causes just the diver to die. (Just had that idea a minuet ago, and any below this)
I don't think it will work in the BF2 engine

7. As far as I know the M4 is not a burst fire. Make it semi or auto?
Other people already answered
Old 2009-10-02, 05:51   #13
angellfall

Quote:
Originally Posted by 503 View Post
Both suggested are not hardcoded has have already been done to BF2 engine. Basic is that you just make 2 chopper to be top of eachother in one model flied by 1 pilot.
Quote:
I believe they are doing something to this or it is already being discussed.
I doubt they are not doing anything for this as system works as intended.
Old 2009-10-02, 06:36   #14
Dug

Quote:
It's done in CA they have a huey with mini guns and they have more seats in it.
Seems like anything they suggest these days a random guy just comes up and says it's hardcoded.
Old 2009-10-02, 06:45   #15
SkaterCrush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dug View Post
It's done in CA they have a huey with mini guns and they have more seats in it.
Seems like anything they suggest these days a random guy just comes up and says it's hardcoded.
No, its because a long time ago an R-DEV's told them that. Take someone like Hangman for example. For a long time it was said that Weapon Jamming is hardcoded. Then one day Hangman suggests a way to get it working, and it is close to being done as I have seen.

All it takes is someone with some ingenuity to think of an idea. Obviously whoever thought of that had some ingenuity too.

I could see having 1 more seat added to the big transport helis, but that is it. I really don't want a heli getting taken out killing over half of our team. It should be able to carry a full squad and a full supplement of door gunners (part of the heli squad)
Old 2009-10-02, 07:36   #16
angellfall

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkaterCrush View Post
No, its because a long time ago an R-DEV's told them that. Take someone like Hangman for example. For a long time it was said that Weapon Jamming is hardcoded. Then one day Hangman suggests a way to get it working, and it is close to being done as I have seen.

All it takes is someone with some ingenuity to think of an idea. Obviously whoever thought of that had some ingenuity too.

I could see having 1 more seat added to the big transport helis, but that is it. I really don't want a heli getting taken out killing over half of our team. It should be able to carry a full squad and a full supplement of door gunners (part of the heli squad)
There is no such thing as hardcoded there is only hard to code... Everything can be done its a game a program and we can edit as we want... only problem is that we need to do that in limits of DICES lisences and PB.
Old 2009-10-02, 07:40   #17
SkaterCrush

Quote:
Originally Posted by angellfall View Post
There is no such thing as hardcoded there is only hard to code... Everything can be done its a game a program and we can edit as we want... only problem is that we need to do that in limits of DICES lisences and PB.
Yeah thats what Hardcoded means. They can't change it without the source code, which even if they did have they would most likely be sued
Old 2009-10-02, 08:08   #18
angellfall

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkaterCrush View Post
Yeah thats what Hardcoded means. They can't change it without the source code, which even if they did have they would most likely be sued
But still most of things can be done someway or another just by combining things... But nowadays it seems DEV's are focusing more and more to game balance than the actual realism even if there is way to do changes. Lets have apache longbows radarlocking as an example...
Old 2009-10-02, 11:14   #19
HellDuke

seriously... you should have actually focused on what was going on in class...
Old 2009-10-02, 11:50   #20
rampo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
3. Removing civilians from insurgency, and just making them doctors or something. No penalties for killing them.
4. Gang mode: Essentially insurgency but takes place for the bluefore domestically. Ie: NYPD vs Gang. Looking for drug caches or something. (Partially ASS)
5. North Korean campaign, U.S. vs Russia maps, and UK vs China/Russia maps
6. Diving on grenades causes just the diver to die. (Just had that idea a minuet ago, and any below this)
7. As far as I know the M4 is not a burst fire. Make it semi or auto?
1.The uniform is impossible to change unless the pilot kit were to be a spawnable kit
2.8 is the limit on which you can have in any vehilce and adding more would be hardcoded
3.docors are a re-suggestion
4.WTF
5If you want a new faction you can do it yourself and its a re-suggestion
6.This one makes no sense either
7.The M4 used by the amry is burst/semi-auto

I think that settels it
Closed Thread

Tags
class, focus, gun ideas, maps, russia vs usa, things, thought