project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
23 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-02, 00:39   #1
Milhouse
Default Just a few things I thought of while trying to focus in class

1. Different kits for the pilots. Like, one is a chopper pilot kit with ACU and the other is a plane kit with ABU (Airman Battle Uniform...For the Air Force) and a oxygen mask for the U.S. Army, the chopper pilot carrying an M4 and the plane carrying an M9 or unarmed. And All other teams would be just, what ever they are.
2. Cargo Helicopters that carry more troops and/or drop crates.
3. Removing civilians from insurgency, and just making them doctors or something. No penalties for killing them.
4. Gang mode: Essentially insurgency but takes place for the bluefore domestically. Ie: NYPD vs Gang. Looking for drug caches or something. (Partially ASS)
5. North Korean campaign, U.S. vs Russia maps, and UK vs China/Russia maps
6. Diving on grenades causes just the diver to die. (Just had that idea a minuet ago, and any below this)
7. As far as I know the M4 is not a burst fire. Make it semi or auto?
Last edited by Milhouse; 2009-10-02 at 00:53..
Old 2009-10-02, 00:49   #2
SkaterCrush
Default Re: Just a few things I thought of while trying to focus in class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
1. Different kits for the pilots. Like, one is a chopper pilot kit with ACU and the other is a plane kit with ABU (Airman Battle Uniform...For the Air Force) and a oxygen mask for the U.S. Army, the chopper pilot carrying an M4 and the plane carrying an M9 or unarmed. And All other teams would be just, what ever they are.
Resuggrstion, and this is being worked on currently
2. Heavy Sniper: M107 for the U.S. teams and British. Basically to kill pilots. Limit one per team, for fairness.
The .50 cal sniper was removed because people were team killing for the the kit, and how is it fair for OPfor?. Resuggestion
3. Cargo Helicopters that carry more troops or drop crates.
Resuggestion, hardcoded and cargo helicopters already drop crates
4. Removing civilians from insurgency, and just making them doctors or something. No penalties for killing them.
Please be a bit more specific please
5. Gang mode: Essentially insurgency but takes place for the bluefore domestically. Ie: NYPD vs Gang. Looking for drug caches or something.
Project Reality's factions battles are meant to be semi serious, this is not really believable. You have to remember that PR Devs can't do everything you want them too; they are busy working on improving PR so if you want something you have to make it.
6. North Korean campaign, U.S. vs Russia maps, and UK vs China/Russia maps
Again, you want something you have to make it.
Welcome to the forums, but please use the search function for the forum and use the ASS (ALready Suggested Suggestions) thread.

Already Suggested Suggestions.

Search Function
Old 2009-10-02, 00:53   #3
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
3. Removing civilians from insurgency, and just making them doctors or something. No penalties for killing them.
you can kill doctors without penality in Iraq? I don't think med school is for me...

Quote:
5. Gang mode: Essentially insurgency but takes place for the bluefore domestically. Ie: NYPD vs Gang. Looking for drug caches or something.
I think you should try a different game like GTA or something.

Quote:
6. Diving on grenades causes just the diver to die. (Just had that idea a minuet ago)
and shooting at vehicles just causes passenger no 3 to die.

Focus more on class.

Last edited by Rudd; 2009-10-02 at 01:40..
Old 2009-10-02, 01:01   #4
SkaterCrush

Quote:
know the M4 is not a burst fire. Make it semi or auto?
Uh (seriously bad hangover sorry if I get the right rifle wrong) but the M4 or M4A1 issued to the Army and Marine Officers (or vice versa) has 3 trigger groups, Safe, Semi Auto and Burst. No offence but there are military advisers for the PR Team and they do know what their doing.
Old 2009-10-02, 01:33   #5
waldo_ii

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkaterCrush View Post
Uh (seriously bad hangover sorry if I get the right rifle wrong) but the M4 or M4A1 issued to the Army and Marine Officers (or vice versa) has 3 trigger groups, Safe, Semi Auto and Burst. No offence but there are military advisers for the PR Team and they do know what their doing.
The M4, which is issued to all US Army combat personnel, and recently USMC officers, has the Safe-Single-Burst trigger groups.

The M4A1, which is issued only to special forces, never the groups that PR will ever have represented in the game, has the Safe-Single-Auto trigger group.
Old 2009-10-02, 01:36   #6
Th3Exiled

Actually the M4, as issued to US Army personel, does indeed have 3 trigger groups, However, they are, safe, semi and burst.
The M4A1 is issued to special forces only (within the US millitary, it has 3 trigger groups as well, but the burst mode is replaced with auto.

Edit: ninja'd. IIRC waldo, the IDF are going to use the M4A1 for one of their classes (watch the IDF videos in the dev blog).

Exiled
Old 2009-10-02, 02:04   #7
Hunt3r

Quote:
2. Cargo Helicopters that carry more troops and/or drop crates.
I'd just like to see an extra crate in cargo helos, 8 troops and 2 crates.

Sounds reasonable to me, but.. eh.

Milhouse isn't a meme by the way.
Old 2009-10-02, 02:23   #8
waldo_ii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Th3Exiled View Post
IIRC waldo, the IDF are going to use the M4A1 for one of their classes
Nah, dude. I'm pretty sure those are old-school CAR-15s and M16A1s that the US gave Israel a while back. The models are based off of the M16A4/M4 models that PR has been using.

I'm pretty sure at least. You are right in that there are IDF AR-15s with automatic trigger groups, though I doubt they are M4A1s.

I could be wrong. They might be M4A1s as you say, I'll have to check.
Old 2009-10-02, 02:33   #9
Milhouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkaterCrush View Post
Maybe it's a different weapon, but I coulda swore the M4 was auto or semi.

Also, I looked at the list off already suggested suggestions and didn't find certain stuff. I don't think a drug gang vs police would be too believable...I mean, police don't really run around towns busting into houses, killing people, and what not. Maybe in a fascist state? Idk. either way, they're just ideas and I never expect them to be used. Just throwing them out there.
Old 2009-10-02, 02:38   #10
Seiran

Quote:
Maybe it's a different weapon, but I coulda swore the M4 was auto or semi.
As an armorer, I can say with 100% certainty that you are wrong. The M4 is Safe - Semi - Burst, while the M4A1 is Safe - Semi - Auto.
Closed Thread

Tags
class, focus, gun ideas, maps, russia vs usa, things, thought