project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Infantry
26 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2010-10-30, 20:05   #11
whatshisname55
Default Re: 3D Scopes

At first I thought the new scopes would drive my eyes crazy (which they did for the first few days), but once I got used to them I found that the blur is much more pleasing to my eyes. Personally, if it could be done the "right way" (wait for PR:ArmA2 :P) I would still like to have the blur effect on the not zoomed in part since having just the scope zoomed in and not the outside but both fully visible, when its on a flat screen like we all use to play games, that definitely drives my eyes crazy. (I actually do have slightly more sensitive eyes than most and I'm not an old guy. :P)
whatshisname55 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-30, 21:01   #12
Celestial1

ArmA2 doesn't have separate, simultaneous zoom levels while scoping by default, as far as I know. The scopes in ArmA2 are like PR's old style scopes, with the black walls outside of the scope. That's not to say that codin' magicks aren't possible, but it's probably unlikely.

3d scopes with zoom like PR now has, though, that might be possible.
Celestial1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-30, 21:04   #13
Hunt3r

I just find the 3D scopes to be more immersive than the old "2D" design. That, and IRL when combat optics are used with both eyes open, it is in fact more like the entire screen zooming in, as both eyes open allows you to see things that would otherwise be outside of the optic's FOV.
Hunt3r is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-30, 21:12   #14
RedAlertSF

I love them, though the blur shouldn't be so heavy. If it was slightly lighter, it would be perfect!
RedAlertSF is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-30, 21:15   #15
Draakon

The russian PKM 3d scopes are wierd
Draakon is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-31, 07:27   #16
dtacs
Supporting Member

Is it possible to have the blur shader come in after the scope has been bought up? Looks pretty dodgy on scopes that take a long time to come up to the eye.

Also might be worth mentioning that the Russian PKM has the blur shader for some reason which looks really terrible and unrealistic.
dtacs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-31, 19:11   #17
Celestial1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtacs View Post
Also might be worth mentioning that the Russian PKM has the blur shader for some reason which looks really terrible and unrealistic.
Because it's a placeholder until it gets a scope.
Celestial1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-31, 21:56   #18
Zyco187

I like them alot. Has a real fun realism feel to it
Zyco187 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-01, 06:39   #19
Riflewizard

I love them. I used to be a complete iron-sights only player, but these changed everything, now the scopes seem OP to me, they can now do CQB nearly as well as irons.
Riflewizard is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-01, 09:23   #20
dtacs
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestial1 View Post
Because it's a placeholder until it gets a scope.
Thats retarded. It isn't needed period, just have it as it was in 0.9 without the stupid blur, but still has the zoom.
dtacs is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
scopes