project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > General Technical Support
03 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2016-10-02, 12:15   #11
Lom
Default Re: PR crash to desktop after update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lom View Post
Hello, have the same problem. It worked perfectly untill the Win10 1607 update.

By the way, Windows log reports for the problem:

----------------------------------------------------------------------Имя сбойного приложения: prbf2.exe, версия: 0.0.0.0, метка времени: 0x4a8d6629
Имя сбойного модуля: RendDX9.dll, версия: 0.0.0.0, метка времени: 0x4aa4de2d
Код исключения: 0x80000003
Смещение ошибки: 0x00074ee1
Идентификатор сбойного процесса: 0x2968
Время запуска сбойного приложения: 0x01d21c058c14c226
Путь сбойного приложения: C:\Program Files (x86)\Project Reality\Project Reality BF2\prbf2.exe
Путь сбойного модуля: C:\Program Files (x86)\Project Reality\Project Reality BF2\RendDX9.dll
Идентификатор отчета: 7f81e1d6-7e46-4577-9304-68c203be4d84
Полное имя сбойного пакета:
Код приложения, связанного со сбойным пакетом:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

In case you unexpectedlly don't read russian , the problem with RendDX9.dll. It seems there were some problems with the dll in the past.

Could any recommend the solution?
THE PROBLEM SOLVED.

1. Uninstall PR (and Battlefield??)
2. Clear registry for any reference to Project Reality (+PRLancher ....)
3. Clear all directories for PR (including profile directory in Documents...)
4. Install PR
Lom is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-02, 22:18   #12
DogACTUAL

Did everything you said, uninstalled and reinstalled but it still does not work for me.

Any other solutions?
DogACTUAL is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-03, 00:41   #13
Danesh_italiano
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Save your new Serial, and do a fresh Windows 10 installation.

OR, back to windows 7.

I only know that I know nothing. Só sei que nada sei. Sólo sé que no sé nada. So solo di non sapere nulla. Tantum scio me nihil scire. Je sais seulement que je ne sais rien. Tiedän vain, etten tiedä mitään. Ich weiss nur dass ich nichts weiss. Ek weet net dat ek niks weet nie. Wiem tylko, ?e nic nie wiem. Heoi ko ahau anake e mohio ana kahore au e mohio. Ngiyazi kuphela ukuthi angazi lutho.
Danesh_italiano is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-03, 06:21   #14
Lom

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogACTUAL View Post
Did everything you said, uninstalled and reinstalled but it still does not work for me.

Any other solutions?
Simple deinstallation is NOT working. Read my message carefully. You have to clear registry manually form all reference to Project Reality AFTER DEINSTALLATION.
Old 2016-10-03, 12:01   #15
DogACTUAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lom View Post
Simple deinstallation is NOT working. Read my message carefully. You have to clear registry manually form all reference to Project Reality AFTER DEINSTALLATION.
Thats what i meant when i said i did everything you had told me to do, i looked for any references of PR in my documents, other folders and i cleared the registry of everything related to PR i could find, although i admit i might have missed something since that was the first time for me using the registry.

Could you tell me where exactly to find all of the leftovers of PR in the registry or anywhere else after deinstallation?
Old 2016-10-03, 14:12   #16
Lom

Quote:
Thats what i meant when i said i did everything you had told me to do, i looked for any references of PR in my documents, other folders and i cleared the registry of everything related to PR i could find, although i admit i might have missed something since that was the first time for me using the registry.

Could you tell me where exactly to find all of the leftovers of PR in the registry or anywhere else after deinstallation?
The clearning took about 20 min, so it would takes a lot of my time to create such a list for you. Try to do it carefully. Do search twice.

I remember that some refences remained in firewall settings and some strange "layer" keys
(for instance, HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers

THe second, Im not sure it has value, but I started PR 1.3.5 after installation without updates to 1.3.9. It started sucessfilly, than I updated to 1.3.9
Old 2016-10-04, 03:21   #17
DogACTUAL

So... i reset my PC to the previous iteration of Windows 10 which fucked everything up royally.
My keyboard was not working anymore, even when i installed the correct drivers for it and i could not play certain videos anymore because some plugins where not working even though they were there and many other problems.

So i had to install the anniversary update again, now everything is working again other than PR of course.

So reverting the update is not an option for me.
Old 2016-10-04, 05:38   #18
Lom

Quote:
So... i reset my PC to the previous iteration of Windows 10 which fucked everything up royally.
My keyboard was not working anymore, even when i installed the correct drivers for it and i could not play certain videos anymore because some plugins where not working even though they were there and many other problems.

So i had to install the anniversary update again, now everything is working again other than PR of course.

So reverting the update is not an option for me.
By the way, have you checked in APP LOGS what was the error? Was it with rendDX9.dll as it was described in my first message?

The second strange point I forgot to mention is that PR was started sucessfully in window mode and crashed in Fullscreen mode. May be you simply have another problem.
Old 2016-10-04, 23:23   #19
DogACTUAL

So i tried the PR wipe and reinstall again and now it is working!

I actually searched for the files in the registry manually instead of using the search function the first time, of course i did not find all of them lol.

This time i not only used the search function in regedit, but i also downloaded dedicated software to find any remnants of PR, RegScanner and UltraFileSearch.
I also started PR 1.3.5 right away before updating it to 1.3.9 like you did just to be sure.

Thanks for all the help!

Tags
crash, desktop, update