project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > General Technical Support
03 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2016-09-24, 20:45   #1
DogACTUAL

Default PR crash to desktop after update

After Windows 10 forcibly installed the Windows 10 Anniversary Update on my PC, PR now crashes to desktop everytime when i start it (after login while launching the game), with the typical cleaning up resources window after the crash.

I know there are a lot of threads about the startup ctd already but since this seems to be related to this new update i thought it might be better to make a specific thread about it.

I already tried the directx9 and the NET Framework install to no avail.

Please help, i have to keep playing PR ;-;
DogACTUAL is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-26, 05:52   #2
LITOralis.nMd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member
Default Re: PR crash to desktop after update

Try updating your GPU drivers. It's been causing issues for other DX9 games for some reason.

LITOralis.nMd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-26, 16:33   #3
DogACTUAL

Updated them now but it still crashes.
Any other possible fix?

Thanks for your help.
Old 2016-09-28, 20:37   #4
midget
Supporting Member

same happened to me had to rollback to previous build of windows 10 to get pr working

midget is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-01, 12:47   #5
DogACTUAL

Is anyone looking into this? It seems like this is new and different than the other crashes since it is related to the Windows 10 Update, can you please find out what exactly is causing this?

A lot of people that have the same OS will probably have this exact issue as soon as they get the update too,
which warrants its own investigation to find the exact cause and how to fix it.

Reverting to the previous OS version is not a good solution since it will eventually compromise the security of the PC, since not updating will mean that known backdoors can be exploited if they do not get closed by future updates.

Can you please look for a solution, i would do it myself but i am not very computer savvy, therefore need help from an expert.
Old 2016-10-01, 17:00   #6
Danesh_italiano
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogACTUAL View Post
Is anyone looking into this? It seems like this is new and different than the other crashes since it is related to the Windows 10 Update, can you please find out what exactly is causing this?

A lot of people that have the same OS will probably have this exact issue as soon as they get the update too,
which warrants its own investigation to find the exact cause and how to fix it.

Reverting to the previous OS version is not a good solution since it will eventually compromise the security of the PC, since not updating will mean that known backdoors can be exploited if they do not get closed by future updates.

Can you please look for a solution, i would do it myself but i am not very computer savvy, therefore need help from an expert.
I use Windows 7 SP1 WITHOUT ANY UPDATE! And i still feel safe about "backdoors".

Try this: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down...ils.aspx?id=35

I only know that I know nothing. Só sei que nada sei. Sólo sé que no sé nada. So solo di non sapere nulla. Tantum scio me nihil scire. Je sais seulement que je ne sais rien. Tiedän vain, etten tiedä mitään. Ich weiss nur dass ich nichts weiss. Ek weet net dat ek niks weet nie. Wiem tylko, ?e nic nie wiem. Heoi ko ahau anake e mohio ana kahore au e mohio. Ngiyazi kuphela ukuthi angazi lutho.
Danesh_italiano is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-01, 17:28   #7
Lom

Hello, have the same problem. It worked perfectly untill the Win10 1607 update.

By the way, Windows log reports for the problem:

----------------------------------------------------------------------Имя сбойного приложения: prbf2.exe, версия: 0.0.0.0, метка времени: 0x4a8d6629
Имя сбойного модуля: RendDX9.dll, версия: 0.0.0.0, метка времени: 0x4aa4de2d
Код исключения: 0x80000003
Смещение ошибки: 0x00074ee1
Идентификатор сбойного процесса: 0x2968
Время запуска сбойного приложения: 0x01d21c058c14c226
Путь сбойного приложения: C:\Program Files (x86)\Project Reality\Project Reality BF2\prbf2.exe
Путь сбойного модуля: C:\Program Files (x86)\Project Reality\Project Reality BF2\RendDX9.dll
Идентификатор отчета: 7f81e1d6-7e46-4577-9304-68c203be4d84
Полное имя сбойного пакета:
Код приложения, связанного со сбойным пакетом:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

In case you unexpectedlly don't read russian , the problem with RendDX9.dll. It seems there were some problems with the dll in the past.

Could any recommend the solution?
Lom is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-01, 19:29   #8
DogACTUAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danesh_italiano View Post
I use Windows 7 SP1 WITHOUT ANY UPDATE! And i still feel safe about "backdoors".

Try this: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down...ils.aspx?id=35
Installed it but it still does not not work.
Old 2016-10-01, 19:39   #9
Lom

The second strange point is that PR works properly NOT in fullscreen mode (defined in PRLancher/options). It works stable and fast. However the attempts to start in fullscreen causes the programm crash.
Lom is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-02, 00:46   #10
DogACTUAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lom View Post
The second strange point is that PR works properly NOT in fullscreen mode (defined in PRLancher/options). It works stable and fast. However the attempts to start in fullscreen causes the programm crash.
Yes, same for me, no crash with windowed mode but i can not play it that way, in another thread about aspect ratio i made a while ago i already discovered whenever i run windowed and not fullscreen i can not make it fit to the edge of my screen or run borderless, parts of the game will be cutoff and the UI will be all messed up, for example i can not click the buttons in the ingame menu and therefore can not join a server. It has something to do with the aspect ratio of my screen (2560x1080) and my computers inability to run PR in 1920x1080 without distortion.

So running it in windowed mode is not an option for me.

Tags
crash, desktop, update