project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
03 Aug 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2018-06-16, 13:50   #11
desolace1
Default Re: Help me please understand how PR works

I tried online game and it's the worst thing i ever played in my life. I don't see anyone because i have no scope only ironsight so gl spoting anyone not to mention hit them cus they are like 1mm dot in the distance. Everyone is camping, i don't know where they are at. I can't even lean my leg or head cus im instantly being killed. Giving a faction no scopes in large maps with long distance, this is great idea.

I joined a squad but people are running randomly, no one says what to do, where to go. I'm dying being shot from nowhere, 60sec respawn and i die again on spawn i had 0/20. This game is about walking 10 minutes thro half the map, dying and waiting 1min for respawn -> repeat. People kill me with 2 bullets and i can't even see them and this retarded suppression is making it even worse. How am i supposed to learn anything this way, this is a terrible gameplay experience and a waste of time.
desolace1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-16, 14:01   #12
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Lead Designer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Well at least you gave it a try! The game is definitely not for everyone. And it seems you didn't have the best squad to have your first game with. Just like any game based on teamwork ours is really reliant on having decent squadmates to share the experience with. Doesn't seem like you had that.

Mineral is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-16, 15:31   #13
PatrickLA_CA
Supporting Member

Don't give up on it yet because you've had 1 bad experience. Join another game with a fresh mindset and look for a squad named something like INF MIC, ENG INF etc. Make sure the squad leader knows that you're new at the game so you get help and you don't get assigned with a special kit right off the bat. There is really nothing better than playing with a good squad in PR and I hope you get to feel that.

In-game: Cobra-PR
PatrickLA_CA is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-16, 16:38   #14
Psyko

Quote:
Originally Posted by desolace1 View Post
Hello everyone....
I've been playing FPS shooters since 2000. I got to a certain skill level and never got any better. Im better than casuals but pros kick my ass, and i accept that. So i usually play support roles instead of thinking im the shit and taking point.

So maybe you just reached your skill wall. Maybe take steroids or psilocybin, but dont blame the equipment.

Is just a game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mineral View Post
The game is definitely not for everyone.
dont listen to mineral's tissue of lies.
Psyko is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-16, 20:25   #15
Riadh98

Hey man i was having the same issue like u when the 1st time i played PR but days after days i understand the game and i stick with it ... maybe because i joinned to a squad with good teamwork and communication and all these stuff so from time to time i learned many things trust me give it another chance maybe u joined to bad squad or somthing so no body communicate with u and tells what u need to do and what's not im playing PR for 2 years and half and i still like this game more and more and still discovering new things ...never judge a book by it's cover so yeah even u can watch YT videos about PR But the important thing that u need to have a microphone and just stick with any squads also PR community can help you like DEVS ...ect so i hope u give this game a chance and trust me u will like it (sorry for my bad english)
Riadh98 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-16, 22:48   #16
Graysun
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by desolace1 View Post
I was just looking for anything better than BF2, i was hoping for more settings and better gunfights/gameplay. I don't mean content packs.

So PR isn't a thing if i look for singleplayer with bots? I'd like to play online too, but if i don't enjoy it with bots it will be even worse online i guess.
I dont know how that could be any more wrong lol, the bots cant even touch the surface of what PR was designed to be.
Graysun is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-16, 22:57   #17
desolace1

There are 2 servers, the rest has high ping or password or are empty. It's not much to choose between. From the PR manual i though i'd be able to play skirmish or co-op modes first to get more familiar but no. So i join AAS or INS. Everyone is doing his own stuff because they are pro and already know the game, so they don't give a fuck. I don't know where to run and what to do cus i don't know the maps, so i just walk for 15 minutes in X direction (or follow someone) and i die. Everyone is shooting but i don't know where. I already lost 15 minutes so 1 more minute waiting for respawn won't make it worse. Finally i respawn, i run again 15 minutes and i die and wait for respawn and repeat. Then i finally realize that i lost ~1hr doing completely nothing in this game and i alt+f4 because it's totaly frustrating, annoying and it's a waste of time because i could play something better and have fun instead. That's how it looks unfortunately from my pov.

So the best thing i can do right now is uninstall this i guess. Looks like mods are not beginner friendly like official games e.g. new Battlefields, Squad, Tarkov etc. Old mod for old game where there are almost no new players so what's the point of making it easier for them to start. I suspect 99% PR players are old veterans who were determined enough to not give up. But yeah, at least i tried and have my own opinion now. Thanks for the involvement in the thread and happy gaming at least for you guys.
desolace1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-18, 13:22   #18
AfterDune
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

We still get new players daily. It's a steep learning curve, but once you've made it through that, you're good.

What timezone are you in? Perhaps someone from the community can step up and play with you for a round or two, if you'd be up for that.

AfterDune is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-18, 17:06   #19
X-Alt

you are getting trolled
X-Alt is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-18, 22:50   #20
User_Name

there is no way this guy is not trolling
User_Name is offline Reply With Quote

Tags