project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
23 Aug 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2007-03-21, 19:47   #11
DirtyHarry88

Insurgent deviation is fine and I have no problems with the MEC one, works perfectly for me.
DirtyHarry88 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-21, 19:54   #12
JL

I think the sights are fine.. but it really is fin stablilized and i do believe that it should be as close to realistic as possible.. none of this rocket drop or 30m and then deviation bs.. REAL LIFE. make it like a DC shoulder mount FIM-92a that were not heat seeking but would just go straight.. but with the RPG, and would go as far as the eye can see and still hit where you aim it
JL is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-21, 20:05   #13
77SiCaRiO77
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by causticbeat
the issue with having realistic engagement distance accuracys is that bf2 is TINY. If we gave these things realistic accuracy and speed, theyd be rocket snipers

i cant imagine how would be have tow/eryx/sraws/hj8/rpg/at4/pf89 as sniper rockets
77SiCaRiO77 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-21, 20:59   #14
TacticalSuicide

Well, considering every other weapon in the game has like 0 deviation, I think it would only be fair for a team that a) doesn't have a commander, and b) can't request kits.

I'll try the crouching thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]eggman
Yeah current RPG deviation is hideous, working on a new model for that, but running into a few limitations we need to sort out.
Good to know.

When should we expect the next patch (RPG fix aside)?
TacticalSuicide is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-21, 22:12   #15
Carpface

Its not awfully bad if you crouch and wait and REALLY line up that shot. I've been practicing my "downing Blackhawks for Allah" on Al Basrah and if you're patient, they really scare them pilots. Glad to hear that they are getting revamped, just as long as they're not devamped.
Carpface is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-21, 22:21   #16
Sneak Attack

in real life the RPG kills more US soldiers then AKs and other things that shoot metal really fast.

it is cheap as dirt and is one of the easiest weapons to use, its said to be easier to use then a AK-47 or other gun.
its quick to reload, very accurate, cheap as praying mats, goes through body armor, huge power, and devastating effects. its a prime weapon for insurgents to use and should be made extremely deadly.

in game you only get 2 rockets anyway so its not going to be like way to ridiculous like M4 is or anything like that.
Sneak Attack is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-22, 01:25   #17
JL

can you hear an rpg go by you? is there a noise effect? i remember DC had a whistle noise type deal..
JL is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-22, 20:35   #18
[3rd]Sonders

Well, from my experience of RPG's being shot at me in afghan, they are very innacurate.

I saw an insurgent stand up with his RPG on his shoulder about 70-100m away pointing straight at us, i yell out "RPG!", I turn to shoot, and I see him fire it. About half way from us and him, the RPG just went wild in the air and hit the ground about 15-20m away from us.

From what i undersand, RPG's in the air are very unstable. If they hit an air pocket, they go veering off course like mad.

So, the RPG accuracy in PR is very realistic.

Thats my experience, and my 2 cents.
[3rd]Sonders is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-22, 21:02   #19
jerkzilla

The accuracy is fine the way it is. Heck, your not gonna shoot it while running, are you now? Besides, the crouching thing works and i think the grenade launchers work the same way...
You DO realize that if RPGs were more accurate then they would make the Grail more useless than it already is for a team that's being harassed by air power...
jerkzilla is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-22, 22:34   #20
77SiCaRiO77
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by [3rd]Sonders
Well, from my experience of RPG's being shot at me in afghan, they are very innacurate.

I saw an insurgent stand up with his RPG on his shoulder about 70-100m away pointing straight at us, i yell out "RPG!", I turn to shoot, and I see him fire it. About half way from us and him, the RPG just went wild in the air and hit the ground about 15-20m away from us.

From what i undersand, RPG's in the air are very unstable. If they hit an air pocket, they go veering off course like mad.

So, the RPG accuracy in PR is very realistic.

Thats my experience, and my 2 cents.
my bro fire a rpg in the army of peru , and he said that they are very acuarate with most types of shells (excpet the thermobaric)
77SiCaRiO77 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
accuracy, rpg7