project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
20 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2006-01-24, 21:20   #11
dawdler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Blues
*BANG**BANG*
you were killed by XYZ
*BZZZZZ*
10% health
"first aid here!"
100% health

Maybe we should cut down 'health' carried by first-aid packs...
One can always start with the fact that the medic cant toss packs, only hold them out.
dawdler is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-24, 21:23   #12
Tzefanya

If XYZ killed you, and you were revived, XYZ is probably still around waiting to pop you again as soon as your buzzed. Now he has two kills, you and the medic. Right now, sometimes one can get away (or worse kill you) because you are battling two guys with full health instead of just one and one tenth of a guy.
Tzefanya is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-25, 03:35   #13
beta

I had thought of this idea a while ago:

Note: ALL of this is assuming you can modify the health AFTER "critically wounded" state.

Note 2: All bullets fired from an assualt rifle (there all pretty much the same under 100m)

Note 3: "Killed" = NOT revivable, "Critically Wounded" = revivable

1 bullet to the head = killed
3 bullets to armoured torso = killed
2 bullets to unarmoured torso = killed
4 bullets to legs/arms = critically wounded
2 bullets to armoured torso = critically wounded
1 bullet to unarmoured torso = critically wounded

Now, if they are "Critically wounded", you can simply shoot their "corpse" in the torso, and then they will be killed "again" and put into the killed state.

Simple.

Will get rid of rampant medic spamming. You don't want that guy to get up and shoot you in the back? Put a few more bullets into his body.
beta is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-25, 03:38   #14
Happy
Retired PR Developer

I remember hearing that you can edit the revive health.

Proud Killer of 38 Spambots.

After much intense calculation, it has been decided that your thread is already in the forum that you wish to move it to. Deep Thought should be jealous. - Moderator Control Panel
Happy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-25, 03:42   #15
Ugly Duck

I love the healing system in BF2! What's wrong about being killed from falling 5 feet or being stabbed in the leg while manning a machine gun while you're only criticaly wounded after your blown up by a tank or shot in the face with a 7.62 sniper round. Sure the last one is incredibly unlikely, but it might happen once or twice.

I think the criteria for what is and is not a critical wound needs to be change. And could we get the text changed from 'criticaly wounded' to 'wounded'. As was pointed out in another thread a 'criticaly wounded' soldier wouldn't be coming back to the fight.
Ugly Duck is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-25, 09:01   #16
Hitperson
Retired PR Developer

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-PUB]GRB
So what exactly are you suggesting?

My suggestion is that if some one is shot in the head/vital area they die (not revivable) all it is is a placement/adjustment of the hitboxes on the body in PR.

Harrod200:"Fire.exe has committed an illegal operation and has been shut down"
Raniak : "Warning: May crash if fired upon."
M4sherman: "like peter pan but with tanks"
[R-MOD]Eddiereyes909 (on sim tower) "It truly was the game of my childhood and has led to me getting my degree in industrial engineering."
Hitperson is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-25, 09:04   #17
Hitperson
Retired PR Developer

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawdler
One can always start with the fact that the medic cant toss packs, only hold them out.

Yes we should get rid of throwing health packs as you average G.I is not a trained medic( unless of course they are a medic)

Harrod200:"Fire.exe has committed an illegal operation and has been shut down"
Raniak : "Warning: May crash if fired upon."
M4sherman: "like peter pan but with tanks"
[R-MOD]Eddiereyes909 (on sim tower) "It truly was the game of my childhood and has led to me getting my degree in industrial engineering."
Hitperson is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-25, 15:02   #18
GRB

We could always just remove the symbol for a player in critical condition from the 3D map and the mini-map. This is one thing that has always bugged me.

I think the mini-map needs to be completely altered in a way that it mimics a GPS system and shows very little pertaining to what is going on around the player. The 3D map needs to be removed completely.

If this was to be done, the medics would have to rely on medic cries and medic cries only. No visual confirmation on where the player went down. Gotta go look for him/her. This would also give good reason to the long critical condition time.

More things need to be done audibly in the game than they currently are. Especially pertaining to communication. A soldier isn't going to use his radio 15ft away from his teammate.

Also, I agree with the medics not being able to toss medic packs that instantly restore 100% health. That's a bit of a far fetched concept. It's good for fast paced gameplay but horrible from a realistic standpoint.

Anyways, just my humble opinion.
GRB is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-26, 01:13   #19
Katarn
Retired PR Developer

or how about we fuck over medics some more! Honestly, if you do any of those, it'll kill the medic kit. Unless you find a compromise (like healing points are doubled or tripled) then there wouldn't be any points in the medic class. (assuming this mod continues with the points system).
Katarn is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-26, 04:32   #20
GRB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarn
or how about we fuck over medics some more! Honestly, if you do any of those, it'll kill the medic kit. Unless you find a compromise (like healing points are doubled or tripled) then there wouldn't be any points in the medic class. (assuming this mod continues with the points system).
Well, also remember, by doing any of the above to the tactical medical kit, it would not only affect the med-kit but also, all the players on that team. With this type of game, any type of change you make to gameplay creates almost a "dominos"-like affect. One thing changes and all the sudden two things have to be changed in order to keep things "balanced" as everyone has grown to see it..

In my opinion, it's an attempt to get out of the fast paced non-realistic gameplay experience and it's a good one at that. These ideas are really only a few of the things that could be done with the med-kit but, they are some of the less drastic. When dealing with something like this we have to think about the gameplay experience. I believe Project Reality is aiming for the best realistic experience possible.

Now wether or not the above is viable for doing so, is definatly not up to me. I believe however, that what has been suggested are very good ideas and should definatly be tested to see how gameplay is affected from a realistic experience point of view.
GRB is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
altering, killed or reviable, settings