project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
16 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2009-03-12, 18:43   #21
AnRK
Supporting Member

Default Re: C4 Why Won't you let me Blow Stuff up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truism View Post
A soldier with his training and equipment is far more expensive than a military 4x4, not to mention that his death is pretty much guaranteed to add to a shitstorm on the home front. If planting on a 4x4 had the potential to prevent even a handful of deaths down the line it would be worth it almost automatically from an economic standpoint.

Whether you're from the US or Russia, that fact remains the same.
I was implying that the 4x4 AND the soldier(s) would be screwed, you'd have to drive into an area swarming with enemies with a C4 laden vehicle, not exactly safe for said soldier(s).
AnRK is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-26, 08:59   #22
dredwulf60

I remember doing anti-tank drills as an infantryman. One of the drills was to crouch in a fire trench, let the tank drive over the fire team, and then bolt up and out of the trench, sprint up behind the tank and toss a satchel charge on the back deck under the turret bustle, and then beeline it back into the trench for detonation.

Can't say how realistic a tactic it is anymore with all the asymmetrical warfare going on. The whole training focus was about infantry overcoming the natural fear of the tanks, and learning/using the tanks' blind spots up close.

In any case, it's cool that PR still has this option.
dredwulf60 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-26, 10:13   #23
USA-Forever932

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredwulf60 View Post
I remember doing anti-tank drills as an infantryman. One of the drills was to crouch in a fire trench, let the tank drive over the fire team, and then bolt up and out of the trench, sprint up behind the tank and toss a satchel charge on the back deck under
the turret bustle, and then beeline it back into the trench for detonation.

The whole training focus was about infantry overcoming the natural fear of the tanks
Only in America, the Chinese would just charge the thing from the front head first.
USA-Forever932 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 15:26   #24
Gracler

Any armored vehicle is not safe from explosive charges and thats how it should be.

If your an armored vehicle driver (tank apc whatever) and you got the balls to drive into an area where infantry can hide... then you would on the other hand also have the balls to be the one hiding and putting on c4 charges on the vehicle and then jump in a trench and blow it up when it drives away.

Ofcourse modern equipment has cameras on every angle to monitor sorroundings but you still need eyes to watch those cameras....and your eyes is the driver + gunner and if they don't spot it and don't have friendly infantry to protect there near vicinity then thats there mistake and it can be punished with a c4 charge in the tail pipe.

I don't know if the bf2 engine allows it but obviosly the explotion to be realitic should give different damage depending on where it is placed on the vehicle.....if you place it on the engine then the vechicle would be imobilised (the crew might live) same goes for the tracks.
If it is placed on the ground or (by some lunatic action) is put underneath the vehicle...then it should be certain death and blow it wide open. if it is placed on armor platings (side front top ect..) then it should do minimal damage or maybe hurt the crew that is on that particular side of the vehicle without killing them.

As for the suiside vehiles i agree it should only be used by the insurgents with exspendable vehicle with no weapons mounted. Besides don't you get Vehicle damage penalty for blowing up your own vehicle?
Gracler is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
blow, stuff