project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
23 Aug 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2007-03-28, 03:46   #31
TacticalSuicide

Yeah, but if you did anything other than play PR, you'd probably say otherwise.

Compare it to the M92F/P228..

Edit: I was referring to the MEC/INS pistol btw.
TacticalSuicide is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-28, 03:52   #32
Wasteland

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacticalSuicide
Yeah, but if you did anything other than play PR, you'd probably say otherwise.
If you tried taking a pistol up against an assault rifle IRL, you wouldn't be asking for a better pistol in a reality mod.
Wasteland is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-28, 12:19   #33
Dyer |3-5|

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacticalSuicide
That would be a good temporary fix until the deviation/wind model is revamped.

What would be wrong with being able to fire accurately quickly?

If memory serves me well, INS special forces, war veteran, and RPG (and police), are the only classes that have armor, and personally, I never use police or war veteran.

So think.

With the constant annoyances caused by the loud ass A-10's and the ever present AH-1's, AND the people who whine about people moving the spawn cars, AND the inability to request kits such as LMG's and sniper rifles, instead being forced to spawn at the opposite end of the map to get either..

Did I mention the fact that INS has ONE personel carrier and ONE SA-7 launcher, versus the myriad USMC tanks, APC's, HUMVEEs w/TOWs, planes, choppers etc?

Oh, pardon me.

There's a whopping one INS tank there too I guess.

Regardless though.

To keep everyone happy, I often find myself running everywhere.

And don't let my forum handle deceive you. It's not my in-game name.

Meaning, I don't car bomb that often.

And when you run half way across the map hunting an APC down, only to miss the first shot and not destroy the thing the second shot, it tends to get a little frustrating, so "IRL" aside.. slightly better accuracy is probably the least people could ask for.
I agree with you that the RPGs need better accuracy, but please know what your talking about before saying anything. The insurgents had 2 SA-7s, 2 Tanks, many [respawnable] spawn cars, quite a few VBIEDs not including the countless dirt bikes that, while being unstable, can be extemely lethal jihad machines when you stick a few IEDs on them. There are also many stationary AAs throughout the map. If people actually played as a team instead of all rushing to camp people at NVCP and SVCP the U.S. armor would probably have a very tough time getting near the city.
Dyer |3-5| is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-28, 13:47   #34
::Major_Baker::

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP*wasteland.soldier
And yet insurgents win almost every time...
By luck.
If the USA would actually leave the airport and combine ground tactics with their way superior airpower, it would be no contest. Instead every US soldier camps the airfield and does nothing, giving the win away.

Make the RPG more accurate.
::Major_Baker:: is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-28, 13:50   #35
bosco_
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Insurgents manage to win on the 32 player size version quite often too...

bosco_ is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-28, 13:56   #36
Dyer |3-5|

Quote:
Originally Posted by ::Major_Baker::
By luck.
If the USA would actually leave the airport and combine ground tactics with their way superior airpower, it would be no contest. Instead every US soldier camps the airfield and does nothing, giving the win away.

Perfectly Stated
Dyer |3-5| is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-28, 14:05   #37
Wasteland

Quote:
Originally Posted by ::Major_Baker::
By luck.

Not true. If the USMC only camped the airfield, then insurgents would only have airpower to deal with. Since there is no ticket bleed past villiage and even the shittiest cobra and A-10 operators can maintain a 10-1 KDR, what you suggest is happening would actually cause USMC to win.

USMC loses on the ground.
Old 2007-03-28, 14:10   #38

Quote:
Not true. If the USMC only camped the airfield, then insurgents would only have airpower to deal with. Since there is no ticket bleed past villiage and even the shittiest cobra and A-10 operators can maintain a 10-1 KDR, what you suggest is happening would actually cause USMC to win.

USMC loses on the ground.
I played a game recently where I got killed 20 times by cobra machine gun fire, and like 3 times by an actual soldier. Sometimes it's downright boring waiting for some type of ground force to approach the insurgent bases....

I much prefer playing as insurgents, as that is more often where the good teamplayers end up. USMC is often smacktardery.
Old 2007-03-28, 14:14   #39
Wasteland

That only confirms what I'm saying though. If insurgents are getting killed mostly by air power, then the ground troops are being overpowered. It's difficult to be a ground and pounder when you wipe out an entire squad but they spawn on a nearby spawncar 15 seconds later with the exact kit needed to take you out. Or if you were in some sort of armor, they spawn next to one of the jihad-cars.
Old 2007-03-28, 14:15   #40

Quote:
That only confirms what I'm saying though. If insurgents are getting killed mostly by air power, then the ground troops are being overpowered. It's difficult to be a ground and pounder when you wipe out an entire squad but they spawn on a nearby spawncar 15 seconds later with the exact kit needed to take you out. Or if you were in some sort of armor, they spawn next to one of the jihad-cars.
We each have our own opinions....
but, regardless of what we think of the map, the RPGs are bogus and need to be made more acccurate.

Tags
accuracy, rpg7